Ann

Becky Snowflake has agreed to plow her big blue bus out of the snow and take us all to Hawaii to visit our friend, Ned!

Becky Snowflake will be driving, so we need to let her know where she can pick us all up so she can start planning her trip.

OK....I'm in central Florida, on the East Coast. I can be standing on the I-95 ramp with my blender in hand!!!

Who's next?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bus is leaving from the middle of the mitten, Michigan. I can swing down and get RY, if she can come. I haven't been able to check her schedule. Should I then head to New York through Canada or head south to Ohio or Indiana?

Need some input, the tank is full, thank goodness we've gone green and run on vegetable oil....if we map out all the fast food joints on the trip, we can run on french fries and chicken nuggets! ;)

Maybe Muriel, Judy and I can get together in one place and save you a couple of stops. I know it's usually nice to spend a couple of days with Judy in Key West but she says it's to darned cold there to have much fun.

First off, how can we drive a bus to hawaii? It's surround by water, so I imagine we'll be floating. Since I live in California I think I'll just jump on a place and meet all of you at Ned's place ok? Sounds much safer than sinking to the bottom of the ocean,

And Ned, have plenty of Miller Lite on hand for me okay? I don't care about the food, we'll leave that part up to the other ladies ok?

Where will I be sleeping anyway? Don't put be close to Randy.....he can't be trusted ya know :P

Michelle...I keep forgetting that you aren't aware of all of the magical, mystical powers that the Big Blue Bus possesses!!! It can fly...especially with Becky Snowflake at the wheel!!! We will sail over all of that water with the greatest of ease! Please....don't take a plane to Hawaii !!! You'll miss out on all of the great fun that we have on these road trips!!!!

You can only bring three things with you....so start packing and let us know where to pick up up????

I looked up a Google map, and it is possible to get to HI from MI (Ned, you can meet us in Honolulu, right?)-

P.S. Never doubt the Snowflake...lol

Driving directions to Honolulu, HI

5,175 mi – about 15 days 19 hours

Suggested routes

Midland, MI

1. Head southwest on Jerome St toward W Main St 302 ft

2. Continue onto Fitzhugh St 0.2 mi

3. Continue onto Isabella St/MI-20 W Continue to follow MI-20 W 24.5 mi

4. Turn left to merge onto US-127 S toward Lansing 60.8 mi

5. Take the exit onto I-69 W toward Ft Wayne 49.8 mi

6. Take exit 38 to merge onto I-94 W toward Chicago Entering Indiana 138 mi

7. Take exit 16 for IN-51/Ripley St toward Toll Rd Partial toll road 0.6 mi

8. Follow signs for I-90 W/Chicago and merge onto I-90 W Partial toll road Passing through Illinois Entering Wisconsin 271 mi

9. Continue onto I-94 W Entering Minnesota 163 mi

10. Slight right at US-10 W (signs for I-35E N/US-10 W) 0.6 mi

11. Merge onto I-35E N 4.9 mi

12. Slight left at US-10 W 0.5 mi

13. Merge onto I-694 W 18.0 mi

14. Continue onto I-94 W Passing through North Dakota Entering Montana 818 mi

15. Merge onto I-90 W Passing through Idaho Entering Washington

815 mi

16. Take exit 10 to merge onto I-405 N toward Bellevue 3.5 mi

17. Take exit 14 for State Route 520 E toward Redmond 0.2 mi

18. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for State Hwy 520 W/Seattle and merge onto WA-520 W 5.8 mi

19. Take the Montlake Blvd exit 0.5 mi

20. Merge onto Montlake Blvd E 0.3 mi

21. Slight left at NE Pacific St 0.8 mi

22. Slight left at NE Northlake Way 0.1 mi

23. Slight left at 6th Ave NE 92 ft

24. Continue onto NE Northlake Way 1.0 mi

25. Kayak across the Pacific Ocean Entering Hawaii 2,756 mi

26. Continue straight 0.1 mi

27. Turn left at Kuilima Dr 0.5 mi

28. Take the 3rd right onto HI-83 W/Kamehameha Hwy 12.4 mi

29. Continue onto HI-99 S 8.6 mi

30. Take the Interstate H2 S ramp to Honolulu 0.2 mi

31. Merge onto I-H-2 S 7.9 mi

32. Merge onto I-H-1 E 4.7 mi

33. Take exit 13B toward Halawa Hts. Stadium 0.3 mi

34. Merge onto I-H-201 E 4.1 mi

35. Merge onto I-H-1 E 2.3 mi

36. Take exit 21A for Hawai 61 toward Pali Hwy 0.2 mi

37. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for HI-61 S/Downtown and merge onto HI-61 S/Pali Hwy Continue to follow Pali Hwy 0.4 mi

38. Pali Hwy turns slightly right and becomes Bishop St 0.2 mi

39. Turn left at S King St 0.3 mi

40. Turn left at Likelike St 449 ft

Honolulu, HI

"Ann"]Michelle...I keep forgetting that you aren't aware of all of the magical, mystical powers that the Big Blue Bus possesses!!! It can fly...especially with Becky Snowflake at the wheel!!! We will sail over all of that water with the greatest of ease! Please....don't take a plane to Hawaii !!! You'll miss out on all of the great fun that we have on these road trips!!!!

You can only bring three things with you....so start packing and let us know where to pick up up????

This is too funny....ok...I'll bring my Miller Lite, my baby Randy and lets see.......more Miller Lite :) I'm in Southern California right off highway 15.

When do we leave?

Yes, on one of the message boards, Ned told us he had air matresses for the garage and a refrig. So, he's expecting us. I love Becky's Google route, except it doesn't account for stops for the rest of us. She'll have to detour to get all of us.

How about the Floridians meeting at Animal Kingdom at Disney World in Orlando. You all would enjoy a day of rest there before continuing the trip. I hope Lynn will be joining us, too.

Will we rent or steal kayaks at the shore?

I love planning these trips.

Muriel

Oh heck, Muriel....let's steal them. You know how thrilling one of these Big Blue Bus trips can be. Time for us all to live life and take big chances. Besides, we'll take rally good care of them and it will essentially just be "borrowing" them for a while!!! We can return them on the way back!

Besides, I don't think we need any money to make this trip...

We have to make this trip without spending money, the 'Flake is unemployed! Traveling on french fry power and starting a starvation diet along the way....lol

So, the line we'll use when borrowing anything is, "We're on a scavenger hunt and I need a/an to win the $500 pot"

Great idea, Becky Snowflake!!! I like it!!!

I'm trying to reach Kasey to open up the Pub. That place has been locked up tighter than a drum for too long!!! If I can't reach Kasey, maybe Katie will open up for us, since she didn't go to the gym today????

Please pick me up on the way!!! I live in Connecticut - you can pick me up at the I-95 rest stop in my town on the way down from Canada! I've packed my dog, beach chair and margaritas (more than enough to share) - flip flops are on - I am ready to go!!!

Departure Party is going on at the Pub right now. Katie opened and Kasey just showed up. Lots of special things going on! Check into the party under the PUB IS OPEN thread!!!! See ya there!!!

This is too funny....ok...I'll bring my Miller Lite, my baby Randy and lets see.......more Miller Lite Smile I'm in Southern California right off highway 15.

Your so sweet Michelle but I am standing on the Ramp With Paulette in Hickory with My Thumb out!!!