Ann

Ok this is getting raunchy and I love it. This is becoming the vacation of my dreams. Let's see: Pinot Noir, Baileys, Miller Light and sleeping on the beach after flying over the Pacific in a blue bus. What more could a girl ask for.

Let's get this trip started.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ~ time to join the party. Fred assured me he would be alright while I take a little hiatus. I'm on board with lots of merlot, cards for some bridge games, and my cell. I contemplated bringing some paint to get the bus back to its original color, but what the heck!!! Doesn't really matter, does it?

Not sure where the best place is to pick me up. I could be in the DC area. Seems a bit out of the way though. But Becky and her bus can do just about anything!

Judy, Muriel and Lynn.....

WHAT TIME DO WE MEET AT ANIMAL KINGDOM ????

I'm so ready for this trip!!! I can't wait to see that bus, with Becky Snowflake at the wheel, headed in my direction! The very best part about the trip is going to be the opportunity to reunite with all my friends from this board!!!

So....I'm ready to party!!! I can sleep on the beach (who's going to sleep) ....that's why I choose a big beach towel as one of my three take-a-long items!!!

Let's meet at the Animal Kingdom ticket gate before the crowds get too big. Maybe about 8:30 am? Maybe we should decide how long we'll wait for late-comers and maybe pick a time that someone will go back to the gate and look for stragglers (sp?). I'm all for the safari - altho. I've done it before. Sorta a bumpy ride, but fun.

Someone should bring a cell phone so that Becky can let us know when they arrive.

Muriel

Muriel....I can make it at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Hey, maybe we'll get to Animal Kingdom before the snow and sleet does. Let's meet at the main gate. I'm sure we can all recognize each other, as we'll be all bundled up to the max. Everyone will know that we're all Floridians, as we'll be shivering while everyone else thinks they're in a heat wave...lol!!!

Judy and Lynn....can you be at the main gate at 8:30 ????

I'll be swinging over for Karen (SuzieQ) and then heading back to the I-75 corridor. Who's next?

Sorry, the bus travels slow, I haven't had the money for new snow tires so I have to take it cautiously. Maybe someone driving a Michelin truck somewhere down the line will feel sorry for us and donate tires? LOL

OK....I'm still here at Animal Kingdom, watching for Becky to arrive. I'm so excited about this trip. Can't wait to get to Hawaii and start thawing out from this cold weather.

Does anyone know how far south Becky has traveled?

Who's on the bus so far?

I think she is near I 196 and Hwy 131 in SW Michigan or that she left that spot not long ago. So, Ann and Lynn (waiting at Animal Kingdom), I think you got there too soon. I'm going to wait to go to the park until Becky has left NC - that may be days from now. You two must be freezing out there. Find some shelter and be careful with the baby animals - remember they're still wild animals.

Muriel

The next person to post is the next stop....if you Florida ladies get your bid in first, I'll be down within 18 hours or so. Remember, I have to fuel with fryer grease... I believe Geri was meeting me in Detroit, so Karen (SuzieQ) and I are on the way. Shouldn't take too long, if the darn snow would just stop!

I'm here Becky, waiting in a fast food joint to stay warm. Let me know when you're near as I've arranged for a nice hot meal also for a fuel top up of their used oil.

Hope you get here soon, all this fried food is calling my name and I'm weakening! :lol::lol: Oh what the hell, I'm going on vacation and I'll behave whenever I get home. So yes, super size that please

Hey can I join this group. I have always tried to figure a way to get over there without flying or going on a big ship. I have been waiting for someone to build a bridge but majic sounds even better :!:

Who cares if the bus is over crowded and noisy isn't that the whole idea? I just would like to be home for a couple of days before you pick me up though. I have been gone for 5 weeks now and I am very homesick.

Muriel...grab your stuff and get to Animal Kingdom. Lynn and I are having a blast with all these baby animals!!! Becky said last night, at a post around midnight, that she would be to Animal Kingdom in about 18 hours. So....get it together, Muriel.

Are we going to Key west to get Judy or is she meeting us here?

Hey Paulette, pulling in right now. Think you can talk Randy into filling the tank while Geri and I make a pit stop? Been a bumpy ride... We're behind, should be pulling in to the Animal Kingdom right now, but the darn ice this morning slowed things down.