Sunday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! 47 outside, 61 inside this morning. Bummer. I'm all bundled up but have to get up for things from time to time. I hate hate this.

Stan's due in anytime now so I wanted to open the Air early. I may not be too available today. For a little while after I got up, I thought it was Monday. I need to look closer at my new weather station. It gives the day of the week. Anyway I was really sad when I thought it was Monday. I gave myself off the weekend and have to get into the computer (to work lol) on Monday. The accountant is waiting for something. Am happy happy I have another day to goof off.

Hope you all have a happy goof off day. I want to repeat from my last post in Sat's Air, Will let us know how you are, o.k."

Judy in Key West

Hey Judy! Hey All! Judy, I don't know if you projected to me or not, but I ain't been here in months and had the urge to stop by this morning...hmmm. I so hope, everyone is doing the best they are able. I think that's all God asks of us, that we do the best we can. Me? I'm fit as a fine fiddle. I have one more treatment of Alimta and Carboplatin, scheduled for the 20th of this month and as far as I know, I should be getting back to normal life again once the effects wear off. The effects have not been bad. Maintaining white blood counts and avoiding infection has been the focus. Otherwise a little yucky feeling the day of and after treatments, nothing really to complain about. Been taking care of my wife more than worrying about myself. She had surgery on her neck again on the 10th of Dec. The surgeon put titanium plates each side of her neck bones from C-4 to C-7 because of pain associated with damage from hurricane Gustav and degenerative disease. She's still in an awful lot of discomfort and I'm afraid the healing process will be very slow. Unfortunately, during this time I have exposed to my wife that I can actually cook...had her fooled for 15 years. dangit! In my free time I continue to study on how Einstein and his entourage managed to mislead the scientific community for the past century and hope to live long enough to develop a method to correct that. I have a good idea bit not enough money... (send donations to... HA HA HA)

Until next time..

I love you guys. Hang on as tight as you can, life is such a ride!

Will

Judy, bet you are so relieved to hear from your friend, Will. Nice to meet you, Will.

9 degrees right now, but we are promised a warm up for this week. It will be most welcomed.

Still fighting my cold so looking forward to a couch day with football, FB and my Kindle.

Hugs all around.

Pat

Welcome back Will!

This is how my day is going - I woke up at 10:05 for 10:45 church. Thankfully our church is less than 1/4 mile away!

And, thankfully I have no hair to style! :wink:

It is 24 here today - wish I could just stay in, but my son is home from college on break, he has been sick all week and not really eating - and he is a bean pole as it is - today he is finally feeling better so I want to cook him a big Sunday dinner - hmmm, maybe a pot roast, or stuffed chicken! There is something that I love about cooking a big meal while my men sit on the couch watching football - It brings feminism back 50 years!

Have a good day everyone - stay warm and happy

peace

Hi it is still very cold here in South Louisiana. Hey will good to see you post. I swear I didn't bring this icy weather with me from California. It is in the 50s there and still very low 30s here.

Hope your wife is doing better. Good thing that you can cook. One of my sons loves cooking to relax, lucky he does because his wife is not a cook.

I had a short message from Marisa. She is having trouble typing but it was so great to hear from her again.

Got to run and have lunch we are going to the show then shopping.

Still fighting my cold so looking forward to a couch day with football, FB and my Kindle.

Hey, Pat, how do you like the Kindle? I didn't get one for Christmas in spite of hints — maybe they were too subtle, since back in November I said something like "I'm not going to get a Kindle right now, though I think it's probably the best of the readers and I like Amazon, so I'm going to wait till 2010 for prices to come down." Now wouldn't YOU have taken that as a pretty strong Christmas hint? Anyway, in the interim, I've installed the free Kindle for PC and have bought one book (The Lost Symbol) and downloaded a lot of freebies. But my laptop is sort of cumbersome and gets real hot on the legs!

Ned

I was thinking I might like a kindle - but then I thought about the initial cost and then the cost per download - it it seemed very expensive - I have a used book store close by that sells all books for $4 and when I am done I can pass them on to my kids and friends. Is there something wonderful I am missing about the electronic reader?

oh and NED - the hot on your legs laptop is exactly why I am on the computer so much in the winter! It is an excellent source of heat!

Judy, I don't know if you projected to me or not, but I ain't been here in months and had the urge to stop by this morning...hmmm.

I had to laugh Will. I'm afraid I do this. Freak some people out with it but it only works if you're open to it lol. I'm so happy you are doing well. Glad you filled us in on how your wife is doing also. When I was writing to you last night, I mentioned to my husband that I was hoping you were well because I didn't know how well your wife had recovered yet from her hurricane injuries. I am so sorry she had to have surgery again but hope this one does the trick in making her comfortable again.

Lily it must be awful that it's warmer back home than where your family is. Great as it is visiting them, the cold stinks.

Good to see you here again Pat. Hope it becomes a habit. And Ned, yes I do think that was a broad enough hint. All I can imagine is the women in your family must have been distracted by something very important when you said that lol. Pat, I used to have a used books store I haunted all the time when I lived in Kutztown. I gave the man who ran it boxes of books back when I moved lol.

Have a good evening everyone.

Judy in Key West

Good evening, everyone!

I was in mad man research mode this morning and didn't get around to stopping by. It was 12 degrees this morning, but warmed up quite a bit under sunny skies to get into the 40's this afternoon.

By late morning, I was getting a severe case of cabin fever, so I hitched up the boat and headed out fishing. There was ice covering lots of the shallow water, and the surface temperature out in the channel was just 39 degrees. But, the fish bit some anyway, and I brought home dinner.

Great to hear from you Will, but sorry your wife is having such a tough time. I hope everyone had a great Sunday!

I hope everyone enjoyed their day today as much as I did. It was so nice to just be able to stay inside, bundled up, enjoying football. Both games today wnet my way, so now I have to hope that next weeks goes the same way! I am so hopeful that my COLTS will defeat the Ravens next week and that they make it to the Super Bowl once again. I really like both Peyton Manning and Kurt Warner! In addition to being great quarterbacks, both guys are just really good people!!!

We're supposed to break another weather record tonight, with the low dropping to 25 degrees. There are so many cold people here, as not all Florida homes even have heat. Everyone is sold out of electric heaters and that is making it really tough to keep warm. I am so thankful that I have heat and a well insulated house and I feel so bad for the people that are cold. I think I'm going to buy a couple of heaters in the Spring, so I can have them to donate if we have a rough winter next year!

So very good to hear from everyone today, especially our friend, Will!

Have a safe and peaceful night!!!

Is there something wonderful I am missing about the electronic reader?

Large print for old eyes! Also, I like to read in bed or on the couch, lying on my back, and some of these heavy books can cause a lot of damage when I doze off and they fall on my face. The Kindle is relatively light and has rounded edges, and maybe I could even rig up a support so I don't have to hold it!

Ned