Short Term Memory loss

Don

Last week I went to the nuerosurgeon and we had a long talk about the effects of chemo/gamma knife treatments that I had. I told him that I felt like my short term memory went down the toilet. He recommend and order a prescription of chemical that will help me with this. Well we continued our talk about SCLC and other things. Upon leaving he reminded of a prescription to pick up at the pharmacy. I said "prescription, for what" and he replied your memory duh. He is so talented with words. Hope you get a kick out of this one. :lol:

God Bless

Don :wink:

Yeah old age is the major cause but the do really talked about the gamma knife that I had done. He indicated that I am one of the few that only had gamma knife and he has never worked with anyone that was treated that long ago. I was one of the first ffrom a military hospital and went to civilian hospital for treatment.

He subscribed 5mg tablets of Aricept which we all know is for alzheimers but it has really helped me with numbers and short term memory. Also has helped me in my depression since I feel better about my memory.

Hope this helps someone but just don't write it off as chemo brain or old age, etc, etc. Take care of yourself, no one else will.

God Bless

Don

Don-

I had WBR in August and placed on a clinical trial using an approved Alzheimers drug (Memantine) to see if it helps with cognitive thinking and short term memory. I just finished the trial - you are only on it for 5 months - and I have had no memory loss - or at least none that I can remember - LOL!!!

Hope the drug works!!!!

Hugs - Patti B.