Shout Out if You're Already on the Bus!!!

Ann

Here we are Dawn, pulling in later than expected. If you can put the grill just inside the garage door, we could still grill tonight...

Thanks for spellin' me, my eyes were starting to cross and the dotted lines were looking solid...

I'm going to take a nap in one of the back seats, then partake in the goodies.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we'd NEVER get here! I'm sooooooooooo hungry. Hope someone starts the grille soon. I'll be happy to do some of the cooking. (A few of us have been on the bus a bit too long and I'm not sure if they're able to cook now.)

Nice job of driving, Becky! FYI, will you need a pilot's license when we reach the Pacific?

Muriel

I woke up bright and early this morning and looked around and everyone is still sleeping. Did y'all have too much to drink on that bus drive?? I can understand why Becky is still sleeping - she was worn out with all that driving! Oops -- gotta go --- guess I'm the dog (and roo) walker this morning!

Paulette

Sorry you get the animal walking job, do you have a huge pooper scooper?

I'm still waking up from helping Becky catch up with the beverages.........can't have her feeling left out in the drinks dept - she might make us get off the bus.

Becky I think we should find a dump station for the back of the bus stinky stuff (we don't want to be Uncle Buck and let our sewage go down the storm drain at Dawn's do we).

I hope everyone is ready to go today...After climbing up on the bus yesterday to rig up a tarp so that we could grill, my muscles are a little stiff, but that should not interfere with driving.

Where's Katie and Bud? I haven't seen them, yet.

Let me know when we have everyone and everything ready to go.

Dawn

We're still in Tx. It's A big State, lol. But we are headed west. We are still missing Katie, but I set her up with tickets to get to LAX in LA and will just drive this big ole blue bus right up to the terminal and pick her up.

Becky who do we pick up next so I can pull out my map and find them?

Don't worry Judy, I know where you are. You startled me we you just suddenly appeared out of thin air...lol. but that's okay, I was waiting on it! I see you back there waving!

Dawn

Do you think I'm getting too old to party??? I've been sick for 2 days in a row and have missed you guys. I've been here on the back seat, with my head hung out the window for the past two days!!!

But...I'm all better now and ready to party on!!!

Who (or should I say "what") are we picking up next ?

I have to say that this kangaroo doubles as one heck of a nurse when you're feeling down!!!

Don't people go skiing in Utah in Jan? Might be a bit colder there.

Are we leaving the mainland from northern or southern CA? I think southern CA would mean less time over the water. Altho., that part of the trip could be great for tanning.

FYI, do we have any cats on the bus? Bailey seems to be barking a lot and I know he likes the dogs and Roo.

Muriel

Muriel,

Not all of Utah has snow in the winter, however they have sun and we can set up some sort of windscreens and heaters on the top of the bus so everyone can enjoy the sunshine w/o freezing.

Also the southern route may be a tad warmer, but we will have to consult Becky on what route to take. Are we making a pit stop at the beach? If so that is where we can change drivers.

Dawn

Does anyone know (or care) where we are right now? I think someone is taking pictures on the trip and is going to be doing a LCSC scrapbook. It would be great to know where we are, so they can label the photos.

But, as long as my blender is still working and we have booze, fruit and ice....I'm OK wherever we are.

You know, Becky sure does know a lot of sing-a-long songs! Funny how they all seem to start with the words "roll me over"....lol

Hey Becky Snowflake....you're doing one heck of a job driving this rig!!!

Gotta know where we are 'cuz I want to ask "Are we there yet?" So let's decide where we are. I agree with Ann about Becky doing a great job driving. Things were a little rocky on Sunday while she was driving and watching the football games. And, according to her FB entries, she was watching very closely - especially the replays. (I must agree with her about the officiating.)

I worry about people driving and texting, but driving and watching tv is even scarier!

Maybe we're somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. That would account for the rocky ride on Sunday.

Looking forward to crossing the ocean soon. Also, is Lily on board yet?

Muriel

Sorry, guys, I think we're lost....the batteries went dead on my TomTom and I didn't realize that the lady wasn't talking with all the singing going on in the back seat. I'm watching for a road sign, but it seems everything leads to Wall Drug... (LOL - I remember that from a trip out west a million years ago).

Kasey, can you hitch a wagon and head to Wall Drug, South Dakota? I'll head that way, too, since all signs lead there and pick up any other stragglers that want to hop on before we turn to head south west. I think we'll have Andrea point the way to Ned's house from the California beach closest to her...

If you can't keep the animals quiet, just keep the fur down, my allergies are starting to act up and I'm sneezing my head off up here! If I get pulled over for the appearance of our ride, the cops are going to think I've been smoking weed, red watery eyes and all... May need to stop at the next rest stop and air out the whole bus and vacuum up the fur....

Where are we in that song, now? Oh yes, 389,432 bottles of beer on the wall, 389,432 bottles of beer...