The elephant is back in the room

Geri

Handling it better this time - maybe because I've not had time to think before - tomorrow is my annual PET scan.........so that bloody elephant is back in the center of the room. But I'm thankful to say he hasn't been there long (okay ladies what should I read into this that my test is a HE)

I've been having some heart failure issues again, with a week in hospital over New Years, so this had completely moved the scan and the elephant out of my mind. I guess there has to be a benefit somewhere in all this, hmmm, shortness of breath versus worrying about a test.........no contest :wink::wink::lol::lol:

Geri

Geri, I'm getting to this before the Air. I didn't know about the heart issue over the holiday if you posted it. I am so sorry. What's with us women and the holidays, did you overdo like I know my friend Loreen (had heart attack between xmas and ny) did. It's tough finding that fine line between doing what we are up to and overdoing, isn't it.

I did miss your post yesterday about the scan. You know my heart is with you as you wait (???for the results). Maybe the heart issue distracted you. Or, maybe you are feeling more confident. My scans are due in a couple of weeks and I'm usually freaky by now. I have so much crap going on, it could be attributed to distraction. Or maybe my body is telling me it is going to be good. That's my hope for you. Your body knows the results are going to be good. I'm holding onto that for you. Let us know asa you get them.

Judy in Key West

Just kick that da#$ elephant right in the butt and outta the room entirely. I hear ya with the anxiety. Sorry the heart issue isn't quite resolved yet also. We're just about back on track here after our little detour between Thanksgiving and New Year's, so will get in touch and get the scoop.

You know my thoughts are always with you - hoping for the best. It never really goes away, does it, even after many years. I hope to see that elephant flying overhead on his way far, far away. In the meantime, how about a Baileys or something? Medicine, you know, to ease anxiety?

Good luck friend.

Kasey

Well the scan is over and the wait begins. My onc visit is next Monday...........could be the longest week of my life or my onc (bless his heart) will do what he did last time and call me as soon as he gets them.

Of course then we go for the appt and shoot the breeze as we already know the PET results and this time I had an examination in December so there really isn't much to do..........I hope. :shock::D:)

My diuretics had not been working properly for a while before my hospitalization. I knew I was in trouble way back before our walk but chose to ignore magnitude of the problem..........don't recomend it though, couldn't breathe and stairs always looked the size of Everest. I eventually owned up to my Cardiologist before I damaged my kidneys permenantly and he took charge.

My choice was to be out of commission New Years NOT my grandson's 1st Christmas. So when it was all over I went willingly and dropped 10lbs in 4 days! The best part of all was that while I was in the hospital several nurses confirmed that the breast chemo had caused the heart problems..........."you're not the first, we've seen this numerous times!!!"

Then, I had two cardiologists confirm it too - finally someone other than my lung onc (who is always treads where angels don't dare) - my assumptions had been verified. I was right, no more skirting around the truth.........the truth has set me free :wink::wink:

All is well here right now, just waiting. Thanks for your support, you always know how to do it.

Sorry I am late Geri but glad to hear you're past the scan. I hear that elephants like peanuts so next time maybe you could entice him outside with those.

John also suffered heart damage from one of his drugs. I remember reading a pamphlet in the cardiologists office and chemo was listed as one of the things that could cause heart damage.

Hey Geri - sorry to hear about your recent health issues...

I wanted to let you know that I am joining the vigil and waiting along beside you for the result of your scan. So just don't move too quick, you may step on my foot...