Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Temp reads 78 outside. No quakes felt in KW.

I miss you all. I had an infusion yesterday and have been so busy doing pretty much everything here at home. Stan's busy on the house we "inherited" from my daughter's choice to move some years ago. We were a day late and a dollar short selling it so wound up with a rental we didn't want. Repairs right now are a bit overwhelming since it's so difficult to get anyone to do anything down here. Don't ya think they'd need the money?

I was up late last night in the computer considering a new laptop at Dell to replace this desktop. In the meantime, I have to transfer all these files on my laptop into an external harddrive and make sure my desktop can read them. It has a feature to load C: drive all at once but my son advised I do it one by one. In the meantime I haven't quite wrapped up the bookkeeping to start the Corp taxes which are due Mar 15. I used to get them to my accountant by Jan 1. Won't make Feb 1 this year. We are also suddenly down to about ten days to get the coach ready for our Orlando trip for my scans. You get the idea I'm tired?????

On the positive side, there has to be one somewhere, I talked Stan into taking off from working on the rental tomorrow and going to lunch with me at a little Greek restaurant in town. I've been there several times with friends and LOVE it. I'm thinking my Mother's family in Sicily must have mixed up the gene pool with the Greeks at some time or other. I love Italian food but that Greek food is really awesome.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Good morning, Judy! Good morning, everyone!

It was 49 degrees with a stiff west wind as I rode to work this morning. It's supposed to get up to 69 degrees this afternoon.

Judy, until Tuesday, I had one house too many, too. But I was making payments on both of mine. I am taking what I cleared from the sale of that house and putting enough with it to pay off my new house. So I'll go from two house payments to none. Sounds like a good excuse to retire and go fishing, don't you think?

Have a great day, all!

Hi, all. The weather has been quite nice out here recently (it's not always nice in January!), low 80s in the daytime, in the 60s at night. Good sleeping weather. Later on, in February and March when the winds often come roaring out of the north, we'll have nights when it gets down into the 50s. Most houses have glass louvers that leak air like crazy, and of course no heat, so it can get nipply on occasion. We do have a small electric heater that I bought at a hardware store which I put on the bathroom floor when it's time to take a shower, but nobody else in the family uses it. I think all these years of chemo have made me more sensitive to cold than before.

Lunch at a Greek restaurant! Sounds great, Judy. To me, one of the best things about being on Alimta is that it doesn't mess up my taste or stomach. We don't have a Greek restaurant close by, but plenty of Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, etc. Mainly Pacific Rim and Southeast Asia. Of those, my favorite is Thai, then there's the standard Taco Bell, Papa John's Pizza, etc., which I'm still addicted to.

My next infusion is this coming Tuesday. I must say I've been feeling quite good this cycle. Stopping the Carbo, and now eliminating the Decadron tablets (I still get it by IV before the Alimta), has smoothed things out. Aloha,

Ned

Melanie, the best to your brother. Even with all the graphic photos, it's impossible to imagine what it's really like down there. In many ways it's probably worse than being in a war zone. I'm sure he'll be okay physically, but he may have some disturbing memories. Aloha,

Ned

Bud, I swear I responded to your post earlier today. I must be losing my mind and forgetting to hit submit lol. Anyway, I was saying I envy you. That where my husband and I planned for by retirement and would have if we hadn't had to bail out one of our kids a couple of times. Couldn't be helped. Guess that's what parents are for but it sucks now that my husband feels he needs to keep working at age 69.

Melanie, I'll cross my fingers and keep good thoughts for your brother. This will be as much a trial run for you and the rest of the family as it is for him. Missing him and worrying about him I mean.

Ned, I absolutely love Asian food. My husband isn't crazy about it so I usually look forward to it with my daughter when we go to Port St Lucie. Thai is my very favorite and I'm really torn about where to go for my upcoming Bday. There is Antonia's on Duval that I usually opt for on special occasions. And I think we missed it altogether last year. But there is also a new Thai restaurant overlooking the bay that I'd love to try. Decisions, decisions lol.

Judy in Key West