Before I forget....

jaminkw

I've been trying to check in as often as I can but it's a busy time of year for me and to have my laptop get a virus was a disaster. It seems I could have done a "quick fix" but wanted to salvage my files. It was almost a week-long comedy of error with Dell. I chose to finish loading drivers and software myself at my own pace and I'm almost there. I think all I have to do now is install the printer and re-establish my wireless connection to it. A job I dread redoing. And Ned, please, remind me how to get rid of this tiny tiny print. I followed your directions before but forget now.

O.k., onto the "before I forget." I wanted to share a pleasant encounter I had with the onc who travels 2 or 3 days a week down here to KW (probably a 3 hr drive for him) so we can have services in a small Cancer Center close to home. I was grumbling because the chemo nurse thought I should see him because I haven't since the first visit before I started taking treatments here. I guess we get a little attached to our first (and for me still primary) onc. This guy is very nice and he was asking me the standard questions about pain, shortness of breath, etc. and at the end asked "and you're not lying in bed exhausted?" I heard the "lying in bed exhausted" and was amazed. I complimented him saying no one has asked me in quite that way and it was very helpful. He said he tries to choose his words carefully because if anyone asked him right now, he's tired: he had a long drive, answered phone calls, seeing patients. For the many of us who complain about fatigue from our treatments, maybe it will help to remember if we are still functioning and not "lying in bed exhausted" all day. I love it!

Judy in Key West

P.S. Duh, Ned I just clicked Page and Larger on my internet toolbar. It hasn't changed yet but maybe when I reboot it will.

If you're using Internet Explorer, the CTRL + mouse wheel is a shortcut for the zoom control which is at the bottom right corner of the screen (that is, if you have the IE Status Bar visible). I've forgotten how you do it in Firefox. One of these days I might go back to Firefox or one of the others if IE keeps having all these security issues. But then the hackers target the most popular browsers, so whenever some other one gets to be top dog, most of the attacks will be on it!

Ned