Update - Fred this time ! UPDATE 1/29

Kasey

Just got home from work and read this post. Kasey, Afib can cause some to throw blood clots, they can cause strokes. Hope he is on some anticoagulant. Also are they considering "abliteration". Sometimes if it is one spot in the heart that is irritated, and firing irregularly they spot can be taken care of, and if need be a pacemaker can be used.

This is the first those nodules have been known to me ====in your husband, has he had a Pet Scan, or biopsy?

Hope you have time for an update soon. Prayers going upl.

Donna G

Hi Kasey,

I saw a couple of posts on FB so had to come here to see what was going on with "Girlfriend Kasey". I'm sorry you are having to deal with all this and know full-well the feelings of anxiety you must be going through. It ain't no fun!!

Hang in there, Miss Kasey, and keep smiling. Your smile can cure anything. Course, prayers are the key, and Fred and you have mine!

Love and hugs,

Peggy

Kasey and Fred.....we're all thinking of you, sending lots of good vibes and saying many prayers. Kasey, this is so like you....always so sweet and considerate of others and not wanting to worry or burden us. This a big deal....for you and for us!!! We're all family here and like it not, we're all stuck together like glue. Please, keep us updated as often as possible and know that we think of you and Fred and love yu both!!!

Dearest Kasey,

My heart goes out to you both. It never seems to end, does it? Please know how much you both mean to me & Joel. Please tell Fred he is in our thoughts and prayers.

Will call you next week.

Hang strong and know you have so many friends here who are praying for your wonderful hubby.

Anything at all you need of just to talk, we are here.

Our hearts to yours,

love ya,

Maryanne & Joel

He's home and we are just scratching our heads over it all this time around. This is the 3rd 'episode' since the end of August. Each one is just a tad different than each of the others. We were sent on our way with this - he SEEMS to be OK now, BUT again told to see a pulmonologist for the nodules. I told this new doc that we just saw one on Christmas Evee and that all seemed stable. Oh not so according to her. she says progression since the scan done in December. Well, CRAP! So off we will go again to see him. But for now - all is good. I'm just feeling a bit punky with some stomach thingy. Crap again!

Thanks for all your well-wishes and all. It's always great to know you guys are here to count on in stressful times.

Kasey

I'm so glad Fred is home again, sorry youve got a raunchy tummy though, probably just worrying about your darling?

I'm doing a happy dance for you both which will improve when I can actually move and breathe at the same time.

Take care,

love

Geri

So glad Fred is home. I would DEFINITELY get the reports from all the ct's Fred has had done. I have been watching nodules for 5 yrs now and have been told that opinions can differ on size depending on if the view is slightly different or if a different radiologist is reading the scan. Maybe you can ask your docs opinion on what Fred should do. I also went for a second opinion with a thoracic surgeon to see about getting a biopsy, problem is with nodules so small they're hard to get to and sometimes tests are inconclusive. Best of luck to you both. I hope your tummy starts feeling better.

Kasey, I think one of the worst things healthwise is when no one seems to have a definitive dx. Good luck to you and Fred with the next visit with the pulmonologist. I had a really nice one before I went to MDA, but he came to the same conclusion--that nothing appeared that would be large enough to biopsy or give any info towards a dx.

Sorry your feeling under the weather. Hope it's short lived. Keep us posted. You know how many people here care about you both.

Judy

Kasey - so glad your honey is back home and doing ok. I know when I am stressed I get stomach issues - or perhaps you just have a flu bug? Either way, it's no fun when you are focusing your attention on Fred. So, hopefully that passes quickly for you.

As to Fred and his nodules, I will be keeping you both in my prayers that everything is still the same. I find it so odd that all the scans have been stable and then all of a sudden there is progression since the December scan? Was this scan done at a different facility?

It seems like a long trying road to get some answers, but knowing your tenancity they will be forthcoming. I will be impatiently waiting with you for those answers. Try to take care of yourself Kasey.

Hugs,

Linda

With all our moves taking scans, xrays etc from hospital to hospital is old hat. Most drs have asked for all the films to be repeated on their machines. The reason I've heard is that different machines may have marks, distortions etc that the radiologist at that facility is used to and takes into account when he reads the film and writes his report.

I wasn't impressed with the answer but in a strange way it made sense, were all Fred's scans done in the same hospital, were they all read by the same radiologist?

keeping positive thoughts

love Geri

• 1 month later...

(((((((((((((((((Kasey& Fred)))))))))))) please know that you and Fred are thought of and that good thoughts are being sent your way and prayers are going up for you!!!

Carol

• 2 weeks later...