A huge thank you to you all!

Melanie86

Hi Everyone!!!

Thanks for all of your support and prayers!! I'm getting back to normal very quickly!!!!

Everything went well! A few tiny bumps in the road along the way, but I was very well looked after. Had to be detained in the operating room for a little bit longer after surgery due to low blood pressure so I'm told, and later on a fever a couple of times, immobility in my right hand, then in reduced mobility in my left and drooping left eye and problem with the pupil, (was said it was from the epidural) but all in all I was very well looked after and will never forget all of your support which has helped me get through this.

Haven't been having much trouble with constipation thank goodness, as I hear that can really be a big problem! Lots of support and visitors here to keep me company. The numbness and tenderness and sore muscles aren't intollerable. Tougher time trying to sleep since I don't usually sleep on my back, so it's getting pretty tender now.

Anyways, things here keep looking up as you all said it would! Thanks for everything!!!

Forever appreciative, Melanie

Melanie, It's sooooooooooooooooo good to hear from you again. Sorry about the little "surprizes" in the hospital, but it sounds as tho. everything is fine now. I think many/ most of us have experiences one or more little glitches during/after this procedure.

Remember, to keep ahead of the pain/discomfort take your pain meds before you start hurting.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery!

Muriel

Melanie,

I agree, it is SO wonderful to hear from you and to hear you are doing pretty well, all things considered.

Just a suggestion, but I used some pillows and tried to sleep on my side some. I had read that laying on the side of your incision can help with discomfort. It did for me.

Praying the rest of the recuperation goes smoothly. Keep us posted as you can.

Melanie,

I had the saggy eye from the epidural. It's called Horner's Syndrome, and will go away. One of the low parts of my stay at "Club Med" was when the thoracic surgeon's PA told my mother and me that the eye issue was due to a stroke! Nice....

So the neuropsychologist called in for consult actually diagnosed it. He looked all of 16, no lie!

Glad to hear you're doing well, all bumps considered! Hang in there, and sleep. I found it easier to sleep while in the hospital, all hooked alarms and machinery...my first nights home, I didn't sleep at all, I was afraid I wouldn't wake up. Upon joining the group here, months later, I found out I wasn't the only one... YOU WILL BE FINE, get your sleep!

Hugs,

Becky

Been looking forward to hearing you were home and up on the computer. It takes a while - rest - even if you feel like you are getting better rest for a bit. Jumping back into things can cause the healing the slow down. Don't become a couch potato but take things easy. I think everyone has glitches - I had a fast heartbeat after the second lung surgery - maybe too much too fast with two major surgeries in 2.5 months.

I'm sure like most people here we look forward to hearing about how things get better and better for you - it always helps me to hear someone is doing better - like a goal for us too I think.

So glad to hear you are on the mend,

Annette

Whoo hoo - glad to hear from you Melanie! You are one tough cookie and I know you are going to be just fine.

I had a tough time sleeping too as I wasn't used to sleeping on my back - eventually I just got tired enough and fell asleep no matter how I was positioned :)

Anyhow, glad to know you are on the mend. Take care.

Luv,

Linda

Oh Melanie,

I had been looking for a post from you and I totally missed this. Anyhow, I have found it now and you sound absolutely wonderful. Sorry about the epidural problems, but it sounds like you are ok now. Get lots of rest. My hubby used tons of pillows and it helped. Lots of healing vibes and prayers coming your way. Please keep in touch when you can.

Hugs,

Sue