Powerful words

lilyjohn

I am rereading a book by Dr. Norman Vincent Peal "The power of positive thinking". I just saw a quote he has in this book and his additional words and I thought how fitting they are for this site. Thought I would share them.

Dr.Karl Menninger"Attitudes are more important than facts" Dr. Peal follows up by saying "Any fact facing us, however difficult,even seemingly hopeless, is not so important as our attitude toward that fact. How you think about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it".

I think I see that echoed on this board everyday only in different words. From what I have witnessed it is so true! Lillian

I agree . Some thoughts lead only to destruction. Some to healing. At church the pastor yesterday said- you can't have "peace" without forgiveness. Christians all over the world are celebrating the birth of a baby that came to give us forgiveness, so many of our holiday carols talk about "peace on earth" I think peace is healing. May we have thoughts of forgiveness, love, and find peace and healing.