Sunday's Air

jaminkw

Morning all! 58 degrees. Checked the extended forecast on my desktop weather this morning--not expected to reach 70 for more than a week. And we're traveling North lol.

My daughter called yesterday. They are thinking of coming back down Easter week when Dom's on Spring Break. Can you believe we're talking about Easter already! My Christmas tree is begging me to take it down before Easter lol.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy

just find a bunny to go on top and Pooof You have the Easter tree!!! Cold and clear and off to work... Boss forgot we have a 100 for lunch on Monday and have to get ready sometime so... Be home befopre greenflag racing though!!!

70 is just a dream around here.

Gray morning but I can't complain. Last night a woman from my 3 day retreat called and said to be prepared for getting some good "taking care of". Though she said it more eloquently. I'll be off line till Tuesday night, so have a good couple of days everyone.

I have a two hour drive to get where I am going, not too bad. Coming home a different route - still 2 hours, but I think I will hop the ferry for part of the trip, especially as it will be rush hour by land.

Hi everyone. Living here in Nebraska when I hear of hopping a ferry or subway sounds neat. I think the trolley cars in San Fransisco sound neat also. Judy, I have never been to Florida so this question may seem silly but are there bridges that connect all the Key islands? Can you drive from your home to the mainland? I havent traveled much in my life. I have been to California going west and to Canada going north but south and east I havent been far at all. Have a nice Sunday everyone. :)

Yes Mike, there are bridges connecting the islands. Wish I could tell you how many. All I can say is lots of them. It's a 2 1/2 hr drive to the mainland. Today the bridges are like the roads but when we first drove here in 1964, the bridge roadway was made of wood and the slats went clackedy clack when you drove on them. I was right off the farm and it was dark when we made that first drive. I can remember thinking "what have I done!" lol

Judy

Wow Judy, that first trip musta been freaky. I think I'da had to be pretty out of it. I'm like you Mike, just a landlubber. I been to Alaska and all of the surroundiong states and down as far as Mexico, well Juarez anyway,lol, also been to Needless California, oops, Needles, lol and Oregon on the coast but haven't been across the big river to the east yet. except to Hudson Wisconsin and I think from there you can still spit in the Ole Miss. Been havin a pretty good day here so i went out and probably did way too much and will probably pay for it for a week. The weather was so nice today, heck I think it got up to 45. Real heat wave for us this year. Good to see ya'll today and if no one else is comin in tonight I'll turn out the lights when I leave, If someone else comes in I left a nightlight on in the bathroom. Nighty night. foop

"jaminkw"]Sounds good but are you being taken care of or are you taking care of someone else? In either case, sounds like a great idea.

Judy

Had to answer this, if a few days late. Well, when we receive, I guess we also give. We give the wisdom of our hearts, the kindness of our smile, the openness of listening.

But mostly, we were taken care of in the best sense. A lovely room, a retreat center with views of the Hood Canal and the Olympic Mountains, a calico cat, two labyrinths, fresh cooked foods, an eagle high above, yoga, meditation, self massage (not perfect, but good), plenty of tea, and a bag of lavender buds and a small prehistoric stone from an island off Scotland.

But I am very happy to be home with my sweetie and the cats.