Cancer Free!!!!!

Melanie86

Hello everyone!!!

I got home from surgery 2 weeks ago. I've been off of all pain meds for a week now, and I have pretty much all of the mobility in my arm and side again!

I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon. She said they removed 10 lymphnodes, all of them came back cancer free! She said the margins around the lobectomy came back cancer free as well! She said she's confident they got it all, and that I won't need chemo either!!! She said I need to go back to see her for a follow up and xray every 6 months, but other than that, it sounds like I'm all better now!!!!!!!

Thanks be to God!!!

Thank you all for your support and prayers!!

Love, Melanie

Wonderful news, Melanie, especially on the negative lymph nodes.

Just out of curiosity, have you considered a second opinion on chemo or radiation? I know that when I went through the surgery, etc., my oncologist suggested radiation, but dissuaded me from chemo for side effects vs. quality of life. I also know that the standard procedure has changed since then, and in my case, chemo would be the course taken, along with radiation. In my case, however, so far, so good, without chemo...

Keep hanging in there, and healing.

Lots of folks have done like one or two rounds for insurance purposes just to be safe about getting all of the cancer! but anyhow...........

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOO

Clear nodes and margins sound like wonderful news! You say a x-ray every 6 months.I wonder if they will follow up with a yearly ct scan. I also had 4 rounds of chemo following surgery with no regrets. Your oncologist is probably right on the money in what he is doing but you might want to jump over to cancer Grace and ask one of the good docs if this is what their procedure would be with your stage and surgery outcome. Anyway it sounds like wonderful news Melanie. Im very happy for you! :D

Hi Everyone!

My surgeon said that for carcinoid tumours, the only way to treat them is to cut them out of you. The typical carcinoids grow slowly and rarely spread, and once they're out, they don't usually bother you again. But the A-typical kind will spread quickly and is really hard to fight. The only way to find out which kind it is, is surgery. And since it hasn't spread to any lymphnodes etc. then she says it's the typical kind, and shouldn't bother me for another 60 years. I got very lucky! I asked about chemo, and she said it's not necessary for this cancer type. I also read that this cancer type doesn't really respond to chemo anyways. Thanks for your advice!

Sincerely, Melanie

Melanie,

How wonderful to read your update today. I am so so happy for you. You sound like you are recovering rapidly and I feel sure you will continue that way. I'm just so happy that your surgery is behind you and that you are cancer free.... that is just so so wonderful.

God Bless ,

Sue

Melanie,

I could not be happier to hear the good news this evening. I just spent a wonderful 3 days with a bunch of wild women - cancer survivors. Many stories, many hugs, and lots of laughs. But it took a lot for some of us to get there. I hope your days are filled with love and laughter and that you live every one of them with awareness and an open heart.

Wishing you longevity and joy.

• 3 weeks later...