Scan Time - UPDATE results

paulette3

It's now my time for scanxiety. I have my scan tomorrow morning but have to wait a week for my doctor's appointment to find out the results. Ughhh! I hate waiting that long. And for the first time he ordered a chest AND abdomen CT with contrast so not only do I get the IV I also get to drink 3 bottles of barium before the scan. What fun!

Does the scanxiety ever go away? My husband tells me that I've been feeling great and shouldn't worry but I still do. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Please.

Paulette

Paulette,

Everything crossed for great scan results. My scanxiety has gotten a tiny bit better, but my doc also prescribed an anti-anxiety med for these times. Can you call the doc's nurse and get the results? I asked me doc and she just has her nurse call me. Good luck!

Dana

Paulette,

Know that my prayers are with you . As for the chest , abdomen .. pelvic CT with contrast.. that was always routine for Mike and My mom can't do dye or contrast so they do PET scans on her. I can understand your scanxiety, there's no getting around it, but I think it's good that they are checking all so that you know that you have been checked out thoroughly. Hang in there...

Hugs and Prayers,

Sue

Hi Paulette,

I like your buzz word scanxiety.... great way to put it.

No the scanxiety never goes away. Not much we can do about that.

Good luck with your CT, I know it will come out NED!!

Everything crossed here.

Maryanne :wink:

I decided I was not going to wait a week to find out the results from my doctor. I asked at the hospital if I could get a copy of the results and they said of course - to come back this afternoon. So I did and NED lives at my house again!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Paulette (doing the happy dance)

Hi Paulette,

So glad you took the initivitive to get the results on your own. We also have to wait the week. So next time I will see if our facility will do the same.

On another note: WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :mrgreen::lol::D8)

May NED stay in your household on a permanent basis.

Maryanne :wink: