Just checking in...

Ellen in PA

Hi folks.

I'm just checking in to let everyone know I'm still alive, 26.5 months from dx. I lost my voice about a year ago (something obviously pressing on some nerve that goes to the larynx) but that's harder on people who have the misfortune to hear me speak than it is on me. :wink: And I'm definitely weaker than I was and have minor aches and pains but nothing disabling or intolerable. For a couple of months I had 'orthostatic hypotension' -- my bp would plummet (like to 60/40) when I stood up or walked and it wouldn't go back up till I sat down. Had all kinds of tests and nobody could figure it out. Then I prevailed upon my cardiologist to cut my dose of Lovenox in half et voila! No more plummeting bp! :lol:

Re 'the path less traveled', I am soooooooooooooooooo glad I refused chemo etc. Even my cardiologist volunteered that she thinks I'd be dead by now if I'd taken it. But the best part is that it's been a pretty pleasant 26 months, which I know it would not have been with chemo.

Hope everyone out there in Lungevityland is doing ok and is as satisfied with their choices as I am -- that's all we can hope for, after all.

Ellen in PA

Hi Ellen,

Soooo glad you checked in. Wow you certainly had some problems but so glad your cardiologist took care of that for you. :D

Hope to see you at the luncheon which I think is the 27th. I will have to find out from Ginny if that is a go or not.

take care my friend, so proud of the turn you took. It certainly worked for you!

Maryanne :wink:

Hope everyone out there in Lungevityland is doing ok and is as satisfied with their choices as I am -- that's all we can hope for, after all.

Hi, Ellen, it's great to hear from you! Yes, life is a series of choices/tradeoffs, and while we sometimes may wonder "what would have happened if..." it's a good thing to be comfortable with those choices. Glad you're doing okay!

Ned

Folks have been looking for you, Ellen. AND I am a bit late in wishing you a HAPPY B-DAY. But I forget if you celebrate the last day of Feb. or the first day of March. Whatever, hope it was a good day. Does that make you something like 16-1/2 :!::?:

Not sure of the luncheon. Some of us had other things the days Ginny posted. So I'm not sure if the 27th suits her or not. Maybe she will chime in here soon. And it sure would be nice to have your phone # and/or email to keep tabs on you. You're a slippery one!!!!

Thanks for checking in.

Kasey

Ellen, it's great to hear from you! Sorry you had a rough time of it for awhile. Glad you figured that bp problem out for the docs lol. We really are our own best advocate. Stay well and enjoy that lunch. I always wished I could make one but the timing is never right for when I'm coming/going in the area.

Judy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks.

Just checked in and noticed all these lovely replies to my post, for which I thank you!

And thanks, Ginny, for managing to get thru to me re the luncheon, in spite of my #$&%(#& phone being out of order for over a week. (Our phone lines in the street were laid by Benjamin Franklin and Verizon is too cheap to replace them so we lose phone service every time there's a heavy rain.) I really enjoyed seeing you all but missed Kasey and hubby -- hope you're feeling better, Kasey!

My email is ellen at babel dot ling dot upenn dot edu, if anyone wants to get in touch with me and it's raining. :wink: (Fortunately, the computer connection is via Comcast, not Verizon.)

Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the spring.

Ellen in (finally dry) PA

Yo Bud.

Thanks. :)

Another Philadelphian! Hope your neighborhood has better phone lines than mine...

A bunch of us locals have been getting together at an Irish-type pub in King of Prussia about 4 times/year. Ginny deCoursey is the masterful organizer -- you two should get in touch.

Where are you being treated? I'm at HUP but I've quit the oncologist -- she seemed annoyed that I was not bringing in those big chemo bucks and kept trying to shove me into hospice, even tho there's nothing that the hospice rep could think of that they could do for me at this time. I do still see my (wonderful) cardiologist every two months or so, so I'm not a total 'orphan'.

Ellen in PA