Tuesdays Air

KatieB

I've not had the chance to start an air here before !

I hope everyone has a great day...

I'm going to "air" out my frustration this morning. Maybe stop reading now so that I don't bring you down. LOL

I've been feeling pulled in so many directions lately. There are so many things I want to do vs. so many things I have to do.

If I concentrate on advocacy efforts, getting cancer survivors to attend conferences, events and participate in awareness activities---I am neglecting LCSC. Someone will "pm" me that things aren't as Busy, suggest a dozen changes, but not help me implement them. I am one person.

If I concentrate on my family, kids, church- I neglect the social sites- the LC news updates and LCSC twitter feeds...

If I concentrate on planning/coordinating the walk I organize every year, I am neglecting all of the above.

I'm exhausted.

My in person LC group was last night.

I am working on a LCSC website upgrade with a target date of being done this coming Monday.

SO, now I'm going to get ready for yet another new project, working with Imerman Angels to get LCSC to be their LC resource and support partner.

this in conjunction with Voices of Survivors to get more lung cancer patients represented in the written articles and on video.

I've got a Tools for Texans (cancer conference) coming up in Houston.

I've got the Keller Canjun Festival I will be having a booth at (to raise LC awareness and fundraise)

and I will be going to the American Society of Clinical Oncology meetings again this year.

Oh, lets not forget all the ballet, tap, jazz, guitar, tutors, church classes and teaching 3rd grade every wednesday at my church. HA!

Where do I start? What do I get ready for first? And if the phone rings that just throws everything off balance...

It's hard. I guess I wouldn't have it any other way but I'm getting frustrated and really really tired and just wishing things would even out for me.

Plus I have sinus headaches again which make me cranky and a whiney...

Send encouraging thoughts and prayers if you've any to spare...

I'll be fine in a day or two. I just really needed to whine to someone and boy my mom was really great at listening to me, and then turning me around with some great advice and sending me on my way....man I miss her and my dad.

hugs y'all.

here's hoping your day is great and that tomorrow is a WONDERFUL day for everyone.

xoxo

Good morning, everyone!

It was 47 degrees as I rode to work this morning. It's supposed to be 76 degrees this afternoon. It seemed strange to be riding home in 68 degree weather yesterday afternoon, just a day after two such cold and windy days, but there I was.

I hope you feel better soon, Judy. One thing the bad weather did was give me a nice, restful weekend, and I think we all need to just take time to rest, sometimes.

Katie, with everything you always have going, it's bound to catch up with you now and then. When it does, I think it's time to just step back and remind yourself that one person can only do so much, then pace yourself a bit until you feel better.

Rose was up all night from yesterday's steroids. I'm so glad she just has one more chemo treatment left. Have a great day, all!

It's winter in Wyoming again, snowing with a high in the 30s today, 65 yesterday, 60 tomorrow. Gotta love changing weather to be here. Thank GOD I do. Judy I will tell you and Katie the same thing. In my experience all any of us can do is what we can do. The only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. If we stick around to see what each day brings there will be amazing things we would have missed by not being where we are supposed to be. In GOD's world nothing happens by mistake, everything is exactly how it is supposed to be at all times. So in my life everything is GOD or nothing is and I happen to choose to let him have his job and take care of the little things that he puts in front of me.

I love you all, take care of yourselves first, everything else will take of itself.

Here's to a great day in someones neighborhood.

Donny

Hello, everybody! Well, today is another chemo day (these once-a-week events really roll around fast). Been feeling good with one small exception — a bilateral inguinal hernia which has been mentioned on every CT pelvis I've had the past 3 years is now calling for attention, so I'll be getting that fixed over the next few weeks. My PCP says it's normally an outpatient procedure, though doing two sides at once might involve an overnight hospital stay. I'll be meeting with the surgeon next week for a pre-surgery consultation. I don't think it will interfere with my chemo, though some schedule adjustments may be needed to make sure my blood counts are okay for the procedure. Will be nice to finally get this taken care of.

Katie, I know you know this, but maybe you need to remind yourself, that no one can be all things to all people! With everything you have going on, you should never feel guilty for taking a break. Even presidents do it!

Aloha,

Ned

Bless your heart, Katie. I could tell how tired you are just from reading your words. Only your Mom knew just the right things to say to you and I'm certainly not going to try to duplicate her advice. You're young and are probably still learning that we all have out limits and burn out points. when you try to put too many things on your plate at once, they all begin to taste the same and none of them are really good (something my mom used to tell me). I have learned to carefully pick and choose projects to get involved in and I really believe that it's better to do one really outstanding project than to do a dozen that no one will remember.

I do know that your Mom would have told you that your family and your health always need to be at the very top of your list. All of those neat kids things have to come first. Time flies and you don't want to miss one minute of them growing up and enjoying life!

Everything you do is always something that will help so many people and you're always thinking of others....that's just who you are.

Katie, I know you want to be all things to all people, to spread your spirit of concern and generosity to all who may want or need it.

While not anywhere near your ambitious schedule, I too suffered from the 'I can't say no' disease. Get out a pencil and paper and make 2 columns. One labeled 'I would be lost if I didn't do this' and the other labeled 'I really only do this because I think it is expected of me'. You know where I am going with this.

In summary, as Nancy Reagan used to say, 'Just say NO!!!', sometimes.

Ok Katie,

Don't know how inspiring this may be, I just know that if was uplifting for me. Try this

I hope it helps. If not I will keep looking. I would also suggest, at least an hour of "me" time daily, whether it is sitting in a warm buble bath, with scented candles lit and the door firmly closed, no interruptions, no phone, no computer. Just you and the warm scented air. And I would suggest something tropical smelling. And maybe a snifter of congac or Grand Marnier.Hold snifter in both palms to gently warm the glass and the liquor and then sip with your eyes closed.

It always worked wonders for me.

Randy posted this link on facebook before I could get to it.

Dawn