a little secret about LCSC

KatieB

Did you know that there are MANY members of this website who have never posted?

Some of these people have been members for years. I have a separate side-relationship with these people- either by phone or by email. They read the message board forums. They draw strength from YOUR posts. They walk along this journey with you. They cry with you and they pray for you and you don't even know it.

But I do.

Let me tell you the story of one LC Survivor that I'll call "Hope". She's been a member here for a very very long time and has never written a single post. She doesn't necessarily need "interaction". Just knowing you guys are out there and reading your stories is enough for her.

A few weeks ago I posted publically on this site that I had a patient in need. A woman dx. less than a year who had some devestating news and needed support. She was an emotional wreck.

"Hope" answered my post. (only TWO people did! I still can't believe that)

She has become a lifeline to this woman who now travels a very uncertain road in her LC journey. They've become fast friends and even though they live in different states, the impact "Hope" has had is immeasurable.

I've been able to witness the renewed HOPE, the changes and strength that this patient has now because of "Hope".

THANK YOU "Hope".

I write this today to let you know that EVERY SINGLE WORD you write here holds meaning for so many. MANY more people that you can imagine. So many more than you will ever know.

4 MILLION readers come to this site monthly. They are reading your stories and finding inspiration and hope and a connection with you.

You don't have to be a LC Buddy (although I'd love for you to :wink: )

or volunteer at an event (although if one is near you it would be great if you went :wink: )

or even volunteer for me on this site....(although I'd love it if moderators posted more :wink: )

Just know that your everyday posts, your words, everyone of your experiences are going to make the difference in the life of someone else.

Thank you.

Thanks for letting us know. I was just telling someone today that I think it is so odd that only one other person from Seattle has shown up here that I can remember - and not many on Grace either. I forget that the number of readers who value these sites is in far excess of the number of posters.

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to use our voices.

Katie...thank you for posting this message to us....

I know I haven't been on line for a good while...I do lurk every now and then...but I have so much on my plate right now....I can't seem to think straight...I think I told you guys my husband has been waiting for a kidney transplant...my son out of work for 2 years living with me....Not complaining because it does no good....Just venting...

I love this site...and it has meant a lot to me..it got me thru many tough times and the people here are awesome...The fact that I don't come often doesn't mean I don't think about you....I DO!!....but time is of essence for me right now...and once I get on the computer...I don't know when to get off...but just want you to know...I'm here if you need me....and will alway's be coming back to this site...

Love to all...be better...feel good...take care and GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU...

hugs...nonni

• 2 months later...

Katie....

i got to this post much too late....I haven't been on line lately and you know why....Had I know you needed help with Hope....I certainly would have helped you...and in the event that you ever need help...email me personally and I will be happy to help out any way I can....I have been a 'buddy' for LC Society for years..ever since I started this journey.....so in case I miss a post about someone needing help...please email me or call me...

hugs...

nonni

Nice Katie. And count me in on those that want to mentor. I mentor lung cancer people at Gilda's Club as a volunteer. I love to offer them hope and inspiration. And I will always be willing here too.

I loved your sharing and sorry I missed it so many months ago. Just know I want to help in any way I can.

You are awesome.

Judy in MI