Message for those considering medications

michellep

As many of you know, my husband passed in Oct 09. I had an extremely difficult time even though I knew the end was coming. The whole thing hit me like a ton of bricks and I totally fell apart. Both emotionally and physically.

I was in such bad shape that I went to my PCP. He prescribed Lexapro, Xanax and Klonapin. Over the following weeks my panic attacks and depression seemed to worsen so I began therapy.

Well, I hate to admit this to you but my condition got so bad that one day I actually went over the "edge". My son was in a total panic and called the PCP. They were extremely close to have me hospitalized for observation. The thoughts that went through my mind and my actions we beyond words.

The following day after this episode I looked back in my journal to discover that the major panic began at the same time I started Klonapin so I stopped the medication immediately. Over a few days it cleared my system and I have been improving everyday.

The purpose for this post is to warn you of the side effects some of these doctors can give us thinking they will help when they actually make it harder on us.

I would punched the Doc in the nose for that one!! just looking at effects is bad enough!

What is Klonopin (Klonapin)?

Klonopin (Klonapin) is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. It works by increasing the activity of a naturally occurring chemical in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause seizures or symptoms of panic disorder.

Klonopin (Klonapin) is used to control certain types of seizures in the treatment of epilepsy and for the treatment of panic disorders - unexpected attacks of overwhelming panic accompanied by fear of recurrence. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Klonopin (Klonapin) may cause drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, or difficulty with coordination. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Klonopin (Klonapin) with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.

Click for more information on Klonapin (Klonopin)