Haven't written in awhile

AnneM

Hi Everyone,

I've taken a huge downswing lately (since beginning of December, 2009). I'm out of medical options, no more chemo, no more radiation, there's nothing left to try, I've been on way too many different chemos already. My pain has gotten just too great to handle. I have horrendous pain in my chest, back and hips, and my left leg often just gives out on me, the nerve is very week. I have to have someone here with me all the time. It is so frustrating that I was able to do things on my own a few months ago, and now, I need help with every little thing. I had to have Hospice come in and help me monitor the pain medications and decide what was working and what was not.

It's just so hard to deal with the kids needs right now too, they are now age 4, 9, and 11 and trying their hardest to be strong. Well, that's all I'm going to write right now as I'm getting too tired to hold my eyes open.

Talk to you all again soon,

Anne

Anne-

I am so sorry to hear this news. I dread dealing with my 17 year old son when the time comes - I cannot imagine having little ones.

Have you considered getting a second opinion??? I know that when I am told no more options I WILL get a second opinion or go to a cancer place like Cancer Tratment Ctr of America. I wouldn't want to think that something was overlooked.

Prayers for you to have your pain subside and many many more days of memories with your children.

Hugs - Patti B.

Ah, (((Anne))), what a heavy heart here. I find it so hard to hear when any of our friends here have run out of options. From Day 1 you have had a very special place in my heart and right now it just hurts. My hope is that you get that pain under control with the help of Hospice and can share many more memories with those precious children you love so much. Remember that many have enlisted the help of Hospice and have done well. I often wonder about my friends here who haven't been around lately - so I'm glad you ckecked in. I'm not sure my prayers actually make it anywhere CLOSE to where I intend them to get, but I'm sending them up anyhow. Hope you know that I just care about you lots, Anne. Just do what you gotta do to be where ya gotta be right now. I'll be praying and hoping for the best.

Kasey

Anne, I am so sorry to hear of this turn of events. As much as I want to keep on fighting and winning this battle, I'm in my sixties and it breaks my heart when I hear the mother's of young children hitting the no-treatment wall. Hopefully, Hospice will take care of the pain. Like Kasey said, I've also known people who have done well for a significant time with Hospice. We're glad you checked in. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Judy