Newby

Susieq

Hi, I was diagnosed with nsclc adenocarcoma IIIb April 2, 2009. Have had 7 months of chemo and am currently on Tarceva. I am married with 3 grown children. I'm looking for others who can complexities of lung cancer and offer support. :)

welcome to the site! We have tons of comfort and support and help here to offer !!! Glad Your here, under the circumstances!!!

Hi, Susie. We seem to have a few things in common. Same diagnosis for me, except it was in August 2006. Been on one treatment or another constantly since then (including 16 months of Tarceva) and still doing pretty well. I'm also married with 3 grown children (39, 48, and 49). Follow the link below for more details than you ever wanted to know! Aloha,

Ned

Hi Susie,

Welcome to LCSC,great to have you on board,I kinda new here myself,everyone here is so supportive and friendly not forgetting having a wealth of knowledge and experience-so no matter whatever anxieties or concerns you arrive here with,they will soon be dispelled.Looking forward to getting to know you-look after yourself.

Welcome Susie,

So sorry you have to find us, however I am glad we are here for you. I am a soon to be 15 year Stage IIIB Adenocarcinoma Survivor. Glad to hear you have alot of fight in you, this isn't a cake walk, but it sure is doable and fixable. There really are a lot more survivors of lung cancer then there use to be, so in short, they have come a long ways baby in treating lung cancer. Still got a long ways to go, but I'm always hopeful.

Hope you stay with us and let us get to know you over the years. This is a great support system. :wink:

Welcome Susie,

We have lots of long term survivors here. My own mom just hit the 39 month mark with a stage Iv diagnosis. She is also on Tarceva and going strong.

This is the place to ask questions, share your fears and celebrate your triumphs. The most wonderful thing about this community is the way people are all here for each other and can often provide just the tidbit of information or support needed at the exact moment it is needed.

Susan