Sundays Air

eric byrne

Good Morning Everone,

Its 9.30am here in Scotland(well it was when I started to write this)Its a beautiful sunny day,I am listening to all the birds chirping away for all they are worth in my garden,this weather is to stay with us for a few days,got to enjoy it while we can before the rain returns,dont know the outside temperature but it is comfortable enough to be sitting outside.Iam off to church shortly ABC (Airdrie Baptist Church)not really a member, but I enjoy going anyway-love the singing.Afternoon-hopefully peace to sit in the garden and read the Sunday papers,and best bit is this evening , watching the US masters final round from Augusta-I have been a avid viewer for years,last night though I fell asleep in my easychair missing probably the last hour-grrr. Phil Mickleson had just overtaken Lee Westwood in the leader board, its going to be an exciting final day-is Tiger down and out or can he make a return? dont miss to-days thrilling instalment.

Catch you later folks.

Morning All! Morning Eric, glad to see the Air so bright and early. I got back from my trip Friday afternoon. Heavenly couple of days, lounging on the beach and fine dining with our feet in the sand watching the sunset. Old girls know how to relax and enjoy lol.

Barely got unpacked and caught up with the guys and we had to go to friends for dinner. Too much socializing AGAIN and I slept til 9:30 yesterday. Daughter and boyfriend arrived from the mainland shortly after so it's been a chaotic few days. This morning is delightful, just Stan and I. I love family to death but by the end of Spring Break, I'm ready for a rest. They'll all be coming in June--Daughter and family and Son and family. We're looking forward to that.

By the way Bud, catching up with the guys meant getting the camera. They were waiting with their catch that included a pretty awesome 16 lb mutton snapper my grandson caught. He was so proud.

It's already 77 degrees. Knew we would go from winter to summer in one temp leap. The sun just rose over my orchid room. Amazing blooms since I left so that's where I'll be soon. Hope everyone has a great day.

Judy in KW

woke up in a 62 degree house! Pilot on furnace might be out so gonna go check later!! 45 outside in NC and going to around 75 so dont really need the furnace right now!! needs to warm up faster. Was gonna spend the day in Charlotte at car shows but broke budget wont let me travel again so catching up on my house and yard work for the week!!!

Have a part time at RuthsChris and a Full time with catering company so going to be a busy long 2 weeks in case I don't get in as much!!! Y"ALL HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED !!! :lol::D:wink:

Well the sun is out and not a cloud in the sky this morning. Temperature is a little crisp and there hasn't been any water running from melting snow since last week. Time for the snow to disappear. I'd like some warmer temperatures so that everything on the farm can dry out. Would be much nicer for the May long weekend when close to 30 people are showing up.

Eric I am not a golfer and haven't been following the Master's. But Tiger is certainly drawing viewer's.

Not sure what kind of fish Dominick caught Judy but 16lbs is nice anyway.Take care

Randy, I'm glad I'm not the only one who complains about no heat in low 60-degree temps. I've been known to complain in the low 70s lol. Don't work too hard but glad you're staying on budget.

Bruce, good to see you on Air. 30 people! Aren't you the host. Are your kids helping you and what's the occasion? We were going to entertain over the Christmas holiday and I got to 20 and still counting and copped out. Still sorry I did. Oh mutton snapper is good eating but they caught a wide variety of fish so Stan did a fish smorgasborg (sp?) that was delicious.

Eric, I don't follow golf either but of course am interested in how Tiger does. Can't help it. I feel bad for people who rise to the top and then crash and burn. Most just can't deal with the fame.

Done in the house. Now if I get busy getting everything off the floor of the orchid room, Stan will pressure wash it. yeahhhhh!

Judy in KW

Hi Everyone.

Just came indoors for a break from the sunshine in my back garden-phew its so hot-I do believe its nearly sixty degrees out there,Ill go back out when it cools a bit.

Judy good to have you back from your short break,sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.I am intrigued with the fish your grandson caught a "mutton snapper" and at sixteen pounds thats a biggie,my best is a 3lb brown trout,well done grandson.

Randy it is a shame we gotta work to bring the pennies in,particularly since you are going to doing pt and ft over the next couple of weeks,never mind it will pass quickly Iam sure,hurry back.

Bruce hope the snow thaws asap,and you get the farm dried out,I am a total alien to farm life,regretably so,for I am sure it would be a great life,particularly,if you had the experience as a child growing up on one,rather than the urban alternative.Can you tell me where in Canada ,Yellowknife is?(brilliant name by the by)and what kind of farm you run?

Hey Randy take it easy on the work. Can't enjoy that fancy car if you are working all the time. Next time I see Alex I'll find out if he is scheduled to be in any car show's in your area this summer.

Yes Judy I guess that I will be considered the host. It is my kids, their significant other's and a few friend's. LOL It will be the first time that my kids have all been at the farm at the same time.

Eric, Yellowknife is in northern Canada about 1500kms north of Edmonton. I tell people that I live so far north that Santa Claus is even farther south ! Nice though especially in summer when we have 24 hours daylight.

I always had animals growing up but have lived in cities ever since. This is just a little hobby farm of 160 acres that I bought 5 years ago in northern Alberta. I built a new house there on long weekends and vacation time and I'll move there at some point. Now I just rent out the land to a farmer that grows Alfalfa.

Hi Bruce,

I just had to locate you at Yellowknife,hey would you believe I have my large times atlas on my lap at my laptop,I can see the Great Slave Lake-Yellowknife with the airport symbol.Glasgow is 55 degrees north so you beat me at approx 63degrees north,although Scotland is kept a bit warmer by the Gulf stream.If the farm is a hobby,where else do you have a home?.Gosh isnt Canada HUGE.See you later.

Yes Eric Yellowknife is right on the shore of Great Slave Lake. That lake is big enough that there is a commercial fishery where boats go out and set nets. I know of at least 3 fish plants on the lake. Even in the winter they set nets under the ice. 40lb lake trout are very common and an 88lb trout was caught in Great Bear Lake.

I live in Yellowknife but the farm is in northern Alberta approximately 450 miles to the south. I am originally from Newfoundland which is an island off the east coast of Canada. St. john's is the capital and is the oldest City in North America.