Test Time again

Outrider1

Yes, Wed the 5th is pet/ct scan time again. Then I have to wait a week to get results. I just hope I studied well enough for this one and hope to pass with flying colors, but we shall see and deal with whatever comes along.

Had an MRI of my liver and my brain last week and woke up to a breathing treatment and hearing that my blood pressure dropped while knocked out in the MRI machine. I should have told them that the blood pressure they recorded and were concerned about is normal for me when I am asleep or have just woke up (75/55 is normal for me upon waking). I woke up fighting the mask on my face for the breathing treatment so I just didn't think to tell them. I am so claustrophobic that a mask on my face that I am not fully aware of when it goes on will cause the reaction of fighting to get it off. I woke up one time hitting my SO cause he had gotten too close to me in our sleep. At the time, it did not occur to me that it was claustrophobia. Poor guy! I finally realized that is what it was when I had my first MRI and had to be sedated to get it done.

Since I have not heard from anyone about the most recent MRI, I will take that as good news but will be sure to ask the Dr on the 12th what the results were even though the MRI was ordered by my PCP and I am seeing the Onc.'s.

I got my fingers crossed!

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

Wishing you all the best for your scan on Wednesday,you come across to me as a very brave woman,you are such a lovely person,I have enjoyed your many and informative postings,hear soon how everything went,look after yourself.

Lots of Love,

Eric xxxx

Hi Dawn,

Wishing good test results as well. Praying for them to be that way. I'm with you on the claustrophobia! When it's MRI time, I ask them to knock me out and bring me in there with the blindfolds on. Makes me want to jump out of my skin.

Best wishes.

Judy in MI

Thanx everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers. They are very muchly(I know, not a word but it works for us in our house, lol) appreciated.

You know Eric, You and I have something in common. I am of Scottish descent. My maiden name is Young and I used to have the red hair ( since chemo and radiation it is coming back in finally but is a charcol gray in color, but when it gets a little longer it will be red again, even if it comes from a bottle!) and I still have all the freckles. I have always wanted to visit Scotland and England and Wales.

Anyway, just a tidbit and again thanx for the good wishes. I will let you all know what the Drs say next week.

Dawn

Dawn, many positive thoughts coming your way. I'll be going thru it with you on Wednesday, my CT/PET too. Don't you love the no carbs today! I'm fortunate in that I'll get my results on Thur so I'll be sweating yours out with you for a week. That's just too long.

Judy in KW

Hi Dawn,

I am not surprised that you mentioned that you had some Scottish blood running through your veins(quite a lot it seems with your red hair)your postings do clearly show a woman with charm,wit,intelligence and not forgetting an inate modesty.

I hope you will realise an ambition by coming over to visit Scotland,England and Wales,a Scottish visit I can understand,but England and Wales?(only kidding,pun aimed at any English and Welsh readers)My home is an open door, should you come,it would be a pleasure to act as a tour guide,in showing you round the sights of Scotland (bring brolly and obligatory green wellies).

Hoping you will be able to post some glad tidings next week.

Best Wishes,

Eric.