Not Great

jaminkw

Saw my PCP Tuesday and he said he wouldn't worry about it. Maybe it's because I gained weight lol. He talked about my CEAs being normal but it appears with my cancer it may never rise. He said something about adeno being known to lay layers of something that's nothing but I lost him there and didn't ask for clarification. I just wanted reassurance lol.

By chance yesterday in the Cancer Center I ran into the retired onc who comes to our cancer meetings. I had a copy with me and he looked it over and oddly enough, he also said it could be fat layers. He said if it were a progression or a new cancer he would expect the PET to have picked it up. Altho he pointed out no test is perfect, he considered that a good sign. I told him my onc seemed irritated at the radiologist and later said for some reason (maybe scheduling) I was having my next scan at Lucerne nearby MDA. He broke out in a a big old smile and laughed making me think he may have circumvented a difficult radiologist in this manner when he was practicing. Of course it could be deliberate because I have been there before for a sudden MRI in the middle of chemo because of a scheduling issue.

All in all, I've decided to let the denial mode govern my attitude and behavior for right now. I feel good as long as I don't overdue and plan on having a productive day in the computer today and maybe go to town and run errands tomorrow.

Judy in KW

Good! It's good to get some reassurance from your previous Onc. Definitely think positive and do the best you can. I found my "new normal" after cancer was good, but not what it once was. So I forge ahead in spite of it and do the best I can. You are too. Have a lovely day.

Judy in MI

So you have three doctors who are saying it may not be anything to be concerned about, and one radiologist who is covering his you-know-what with worst case scenarios. I don't think denial is the right word. I think you are being optimistic, and rightly so, based on three docs you know versus one radiologist you've probably never met.

I take this all as definitely positive news.

Diane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...