Time for an update

Andrea

Hi. It has been soooo long since I last posted! I do think of everyone & read up on how everyone is doing. So many new people here too!

So my mom is STILL in remission, diagnosed Nov 2003 with IIIA!!!!! She is the epitome of a medical miracle.

My dad has been stable with his BAC, however new growth was detected, so he is getting a biopsy on Thurs. If cancerous they mentioned RFA. He also was just diagnosed with a rare blood cancer, an indolent form of lymphoma called Waldenstroms Macroglobenemia. No treatment is needed for that just yet, they wait until more symptoms present. Only 1500 a year get it!

Hugs, kisses & cancer cure wishes.

Good to see you onboard Andrea. Wonderful news about Mom. One of our "III" long-term survivors. Sorry about your Dad's progression. Just isn't fair for both your parents to be fighting this bugger. Stay in touch.

Judy in KW

Very good to hear from you Andrea! Certainly am glad to hear that your mom is doing well. I certainly am trying my best to follow her lead. My prayers and best wishes for your father.

Carol

Hi Andrea,

What a wonderful story about your Mom. That's why I'm here, to hear stories of hope! It helps so much. I'm a survivor, but also my Mom had lung cancer. Can't believe she's been gone 14 years now!

But she was dx Stage IV and given 3 weeks to live. She got so ticked off, that I think she lived another 9 months just to spite the doctor's. I'm very grateful for those 9 months as we had some really special times together.

I'm so sorry about your Dad. It's tough. My story is so full of cancer, but my Dad died of brain cancer, my sister too. So we share similar stuff. I wish the best for your father, and the rest of your family.

Judy in MI

Andres--good news about your mom. I'm sorry about the newd evelopment for your dad, but I suppose it's better that it is indolent (the things we have to be "grateful" for in cancer world).

I love following the exploits of the dynamic duo!

Susan

Great to hear from you Andrea! I am so-o-o happy to hear about your mom and I am keeping your dad firmly in my thoughts and prayers.

Who could ever get "tired" of reading any posts from anyone? That is what this place is for - a soft shoulder to lay on, where we can feel comforted and cared for. My shoulder is here for you whenever you need it Andrea.

Hugs,

Linda

I agree with the rest of them and feel bad that someone made you feel like you can't post as much and as often as you need to. We are here for you. If someone does not like it, let them move on. But you write, we want to help. In helping others, we help ourselves too, added bonus!

Judy in MI

many are tired of my complaining/worrying

Now that's just plain nonsense. Don't even listen let alone talk to a person like that about your concerns. I suspect it was only a single individual who planted that in your mind. We welcome you any time with any amount of complaining/worrying.

Judy in KW

Hi Andrea,

Great to read your postings,your mum sure is a star,giving hope to so many others,sorry to hear about your dads dx,please pass on to your parents my very best wishes.

Oh Andrea, my Dear and Darling Sweet Gal Pal, Who in GOD'S name is tired of hearing from you? I agree 180% with Katie, that these kind of people shouldn't be HERE! OY! :roll::x

Sweetie, I am SO happy to hear about Mom. My Love to Mom and please give her a HUGE HUG from one survivor to another! :wink:

However, I am not happy to hear about your Dad's new news. :( But, we never give up hope and you know that. Give dad a Fighting hug from his hidden supporter.

I haven't been keeping in touch with my dear old friends, mainly because I don't have much to say, and I've pretty much said all of it a million times over. So, I am just a lurker now. But I do think of you and your entire family more often then you know.

My Love & Support to you, and My love and support to your family. (hugs and kisses to the babies)!

My prayers are always going up for you and your family.

Love & Hugs,

Connie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrea...

Glad to hear the good news about your mom.. she is miracle!

Will be thinking of you dad and praying everything will come out fine on Thursday... Sorry to hear about his blood disorder... it just never seems to end... does it?

take care my friend,'

Maryanne