been

Dave

a very long time since I have been here...all is well so far...just graduated to 1 yr checkups. Had PFT and have lost about 30% of capacity..not good ...not bad. Had 3 surgeries trying to fix damage done to nerves by chemo...so so results. Will try to stop more often...stay at home dad with a 3 sport 11yr old girl takes most of my time. Hope all is well.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Went back to read your story, and ours are similar. I didn't have lymph gland involvement, but where the tumor was it encroached too close to the chest wall, so they gave me stage 2 3/4 which is how they termed it, but from all I read here it would have been 2b. I was dx in 2007 as well.

I try to not think about how I tested on the PFT. It does not really matter, I do the best I can with the lung capacity I have and am thankful for every day.

How awesome you have a 3 sport 11 y/o girl to keep you busy!

Judy in MI

the tattoo is actually something I stole from and in part as a remembrance for 2 of my closest friends Carol and Sandra.For myself as well of course.....it is a gteat conversation starter and is my way of making people aware that cancer is cancer...doesnt matter what kind. I am going to add one more line from one of my favorite songs "its not easy to be me" .....think I've earned a little self pity...lol. Hope it does start a trend.

Hi Dave,

I'm so glad you've graduated to 1 yr checkups and I hope they continue to be good for a very long time!

You live in my home town. I was born in Greenville and lived there until 1972 when I moved to Charlotte NC. I still visit now and again as I have relatives there.

Paulette

Hey Dave-

Glad to see ya back. Have missed you. And you know how terribly I miss Sandra. My Nick has been trying to design a tattoo with the LC ribbon in it to "honor" me as he calls it. I will have him take a look at yours as its really nice. Of course, his dad says no tattoo but he will be 18 in July and he can sign for himself then.

Come around more often - I don't post much anymore but do keep tabs on most everyone.

Hugs - Patti B

I will be back in more often now....needed a break.....some things hit me real hard and I needed to back out for a bit. Glad to see both Judy and Patti's reply on here. Patti let him get the tattoo I didn't copyright it...lol

Dave, of all the posts on this board, the posts in the "Good News" forum are my favorite and yours is no exception. Graduating to one year checkups sounds wonderful. I'm glad you posted and hope you will keep in touch. ... Count me as another fan of your tatoo, also. :)

Hugs,

Sue

Hi Dave,

My being Scottish does often put me at a disadvantage in understanding what is meant in some postings,which is really fun for me in trying to surmise whats being said,but your posting really takes the biscuit,what on earth does "PFT and lost 30% capacity"mean?and as for a "3 sport 11 year old girl" has got me absolutely bambozzled,possibly she does long jump,100 metre dash and netball?,anyway pleased to meet you.Like your tatoo,but I hate needles,I would have had to have a general anaesthetic to have that done to me.

Eric, PFT is Pulmonary Function Test. They make you blow into this thingy as hard as you can and as long as you can and it's not that pleasant. Then they tell you how bad your lungs function. Which is great fun when they say you are function at 55% of what you should be. Which is the score I got.

And a 3 sport 11 y/o girl is a girl participating in 3 sports just like you said! LOL

Sorry Dave, I happened on this and thought I'd answer it!

Judy in MI

Hey Dave - I was thinking about you the other day and here you are! I love when stuff like that happens. Congrats on moving up to once per year.

Love the tat - Sandra and Carol are loving it too I'm sure. If you are speaking of the Carol (dancing in the streets) that was on this board - (I am pretty sure you are talking about Sandra L) I miss them both alot - such a huge loss.

Glad you will be around more often - totally understand needing a break, but happy to have you back.

Take care,

Linda

hi loves......yes those are the people I was referring to.....actually I think it was Carole....remember she had a little one on her ankle. The one thing no ones picked on is the dang guy used the wrong color.....survivor is actually white or pearl. Couldn't see well what he was doing the color he picked actually is for someone thats passed. So I'm going to add that one sentance and some white to fill it in.