Sunday's Air

jaminkw

Evening All! Looks like we are all on holiday. It's 84 in KW. A beuatiful day. Dragged Stan out for a brunch today that doesn't happen until next weekend. LOL He took it well. Asked what I wanted to do now. It just happened that there was an upscale restaurant in Duval Square--you may have heard me mention it before lol. Square One was serving a scrumptious bananas foster french toast with sausage for brunch. That's where we were, in Duval Square, so that's where we went for brunch. Not NY Cafe where the brunch will be next week. What fun that mistake was.

We have nothing planned for the holiday so I may take a bike ride tomorrow morning and then come home and do a little work. I did some sorting and filing today and have stuff that Hohas to go in the storage bin in the garage. Would like to get that done tomorrow. One pile on my file cabinet eliminated. My incentive is the kids are coming soon and I'd like to get some of the clutter out of the office since it's right in my living area.

Hope you are all not here because you are having a fabulous weekend.

Judy in KW

I know I never post here, but thought I could try to hold up my end for a change. Brunch sounds wonderful! We thought about making plans for the weekend, but the powers that be in Seattle scheduled my next CT scan for Tues. AM, so leave first thing in the morning to drive up, along with lots of other people heading home from the holiday too no doubt. Spent Easter Sunday doing the same. I think someone at the cancer center in Seattle has a weird sense of humor!! We do get to stop in Portland and see our oldest son which is nice. In fact checked in here because I'm waiting for a cake I'm baking to take to him to come out of the oven - then I just have to figure a way to keep his father from eating most of it before we get it there. Our weather is beautiful - finally - actually hit the mid-70s. The snow on the mountains looks very pretty, but really really tired of that cold weather and am ready for summer. Took some flowers to the cemetary where my folks are buried and they had all the flags out - looked really nice.

I hope everyone is having a very happy and safe holiday weekend.

Diane

Took flags and Fresh flowers to Debs grave today for the holiday! She was Air Force so she gets VIP from me on memorial day!!

Hi Diane and Randy. Thanks for keeping me company. Diane, I had an apptmt at MDA once around Memorial Day weekend and I said never again. Funny, we get to see our son when we go to MDA too.

Randy, you are such a loyal partner. I know Deb is smiling down on you.

Judy in KW

Really quiet here this Sunday. Sorry to hear you are headed this way Diane - the cat just came in, soaking wet. We drove up to Skagit today (1 hour North) and it was raining all the way home tonight. Drive safely.

Yesterday, I trimmed the half a plum tree that fell last week. It split last summer under the weight of the leaves and plums, and I called an arborist to come look at options - appointment is this Tuesday. The tree couldn't wait. Very sad. I am hoping that he thinks the tree can survive a few more years with a half trunk (the plums are so good!) but am concerned that it is really susceptible to rot now.

Other than that, feeling pretty good, and happy to be home this evening.