Tingling in Back/Shoulder

Hi all, hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend/week. We were very busy. My sister and brother (in law) were in and helped me with a bunch of yard work. That was always my hubby's domain and since he can't do so much of it now it is wondrful to have help. We have over an acre.

Anyway, the reason for my post. Gene has been complaining of pain in is back / shoulder blade area (where he had radiation). He has always had some pain but he says it seems worse and that it feels like bees stinging him. I think it is probably common for areas that have been radiated but just wondering if any of you survivors can verify. Suggestions for coping would be great too:) He sees his onc tomorrow before starting round 3 of his chemo (Gemzar). His last scans of the lung, three weeks ago, show stabilization in the main tumor and reduction in size and number of the other spots. This was after one round of the chemo.

Hi Katy,

My mom went through the same kind of thing with the shoulder blade and even with the radiation the pain stayed with her for awhile. Look at my old post it says Radiation/Shoulder Pain I believe. Beloved Sandra had responded back as well as another member who had experience with that. Unfortunately, they had said it may take time for it to stop but it was encouraging that it was there and then gone the pain. Hope the pain disappears soon for him.

Marci

Deb had same problem and I think the Cortisone shots helped her out!! she also had arthritis at the same area as well!

I can't offer anything relative to the radiation because I never had it. But I do want to say how glad I am to read that the chemo is already showing improvement. Hope he get the pain addressed and continues to do well.

Judy in KW

Wishing the best for you. I had tingling in back/shoulder area, and it turns out that was the first physical sign of my lung cancer. It was so strange as I had that pain/tingle for a few years before I was diagnosed. It went away after they removed my lung. I didn't have radiation, so don't have any answers, just hope they solve the problem for him!

Judy iin MI

Things aren't going great. Lots of coughing and fever. Seems like pneumonia (which he had several times when he was on chemo before and the humidity was high) but the xrays didn't show anything. He is on a zpac and seeing some relief. Hopefully improvement will continue.

Katy, I'm further south than you but this sudden heat and humidity is playing havoc with my sinuses and allergies. I was doing so well with them but when my respiratory system goes bad, it's almost impossible not to be afraid the cancer is causing it. Don't know what zpac is but hope it continues to help him improve.

Judy in KW

Judy,

The zpac is an antibiotic. You are right the humidity is playing havoc with everyone and I think if you are already comprised it is much worse. We are normally in the 70s this time of year and yesterday we hit 93 with 98% humidity. No cool mountains right now :( A friend of mine's elderly mother with COPD is really struggling as well. Thoughts and prayers for all of you who are having more problems because of the weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the MD today for regular appt and start new round of chemo. Don't think they will treat today. He is still coughing and feels terrible. I'm convinced that he has pneumonia! :? He kept it during his first line chemo last spring / summer. I think his allergies trigger it and his compromised system means it becomes pneumonia. I'm hoping for another week off, some Levaquin and Prednisone....oh and some cough meds, his script is out :) Thinking of you all!