The long lost has returned....

kimblanchard

Hello to all my old friends...and the new ones I haven't met yet.

The summer passed quickly with me traveling all over....Michigan, Colorado, Black Hills....

Did a lot of yard work, cleaned my house from top to bottom and generally kept busy enough I didn't have time to think and feel bad.

The holiday season came upon me and I was actually in the "spirit" of the season. My three grandchildren have to have good Christmas memories and I'm the grandma to create them!

We celebrated here at my house - gathered around my new gas fireplace - on Christmas Eve....then - Bingo - I got sick on Christmas Day and have been "down" both physically and emotionally since then!

I'm just now beginning to feel better but my spirits are as low as they have ever been since Mike was diagnosed. Tonight though - After much prayer - I snapped out of it.

So - the new year holds a lot of promise....I have a brand new job that literally fell into my lap (a recruiter called me) - doing exactly what I did before. Didn't think I wanted to do that but after doing a phone interview and a face to face interview - I'm very excited about this new position. The company is better, the people and management more "involved" and the pay, benefits and perks are superb!

My office is in my home...yes - I get to work from my home and I report to the office in Minneapolis. Connie B....We have to get together when I'm up there sometime.

I am working in town this next week and then will be going back to MNPLS for more training and a free trip to Las Vegas. The office won a trip based on production and they invited me along. From Las Vegas the sales staff (including me - the new kid on the block) fly into Aneheim CA for a sales conference at Disneyland. Tough duty but someone has to do it!

I have thought of you all very often...but as my "dial" up connection and my old computer was getting slower and slower I spent less and less time on the computer. Also - When I was free to leave the house after months of taking care of Mike...I couldn't "go" enough.

Now - winter has settled in - it's bitter cold out tonight....and I have a brand new Dell laptop and high speed modem connection....I have decided I needed to come back and check in with you all.

I miss Mike terribly....I know I always will but I keep reminding myself...My purpose on this planet is NOT over and I have close to half my life yet to live. Mike never let the grass grow under his feet...and neither will I....I want him to be proud of me and I really think he is patting me on the back for the way I have grieved....not without hope!

This life is short and just a bump in the road compared to eternity!

Love and hugs to all,

Good to hear from you Shannon!! We have missed you around here. I hope that you had as good of a holiday season as possible with the circumstances.

Wish I could work from home sometimes. My company for some reason is completely against telecommuting...

Glad to hear from you!!

Rick

Shannon,

I live in California. If you are going to be her for a few days, maybe we can do lunch. I live about 20 minutes from Anaheim, Disneylend. PM me and let me know. Glad to hear that you are doing well. Keep the faith, spirit and God Bless. Prayers for you.

Peace and God Bless

Karen :D

Guest canuckwebgrrl

I'm glad you were able to enjoy Christmas Eve with your family around you. Your strength & courage have been a great inspiration to me as I go through the grieving process. Thank you, it means a great deal to me.

So great to hear from you, Shannon. I think about you so often and wonder how you are doing. Congrats on the job...sounds wonderful! So glad you are keeping busy and also glad you were able to enjoy the holidays! Hope you are feeling better from your bug!

Shannon, it is so great to see you back. I needed a little pick me up, and your post has done the job, thank you! You were right, your work here is not done, and it is so important for those of us who have lost a loved one to try to remember that-even on the darkest days.

Thank you for the update, you have been in my thoughts so often.

Take care, Shannon, and good luck with your new job, it sounds AWSOME! But not as AWSOME as you are!! Take care, and keep us posted when you can. Deb

Shannon,

Good to see that you are back and that life is going along for you!

You and Mike were one of the first connections I felt when I came on this board because you were at the Cancer Treatment Center of America in Tulsa where I was about to go for surgery.

You managed to calm my fears about a place I was going to, sight unseen, by speaking so highly of it. I am sorry that our paths just missed each other there.

Thank you for helping to make my transition into this disease easier in some way....

Shannon,

Its was so nice to pop in here and see your post. Good for you! From the first time I came to this board you and Mike were an inspiration to me and you still are! As I muddle through the emotions I am feeling and struggle to feel at least not unhappy anymore I read your post and I know its possible.

Candy

HI SHANNON and WELCOME BACK my FRIEND!!! We missed you and BOY do you have ESP or what???? I just said to my hubby two days ago, I have to give Shannon a call and see how she is doing, because we haven't heard from her on the board for a while now. My thoughts of you reached all the way to SOUTH DAKOTA!!!

You have a DATE my friend, when you reach the Twin Cities here in Mpls.

I'm sure there are a few of us here in Mpls and St. Paul that would be willing to get together and have dinn dinn or what ever with you when your here. Just let me know ahead of time if you can. If you don't have my number just PM me and I will resend it to you.

SOOOOOO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!! You have been MISSED!!

Love & Hugs ((((((((((((((((((((SHANNON)))))))))))))

Hello Shannon;

How very nice to hear from you again, :) and I'm so happy your getting along OK.

The thought of you and Mike and what you shared still brings a smile to me. You two were blessed to have had each other. and your right God has plans for all of us. It's in accepting that I find peace today.

God bless,

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Hi, Shannon,

I'm glad to see you again. I think Mike's death was one of the first ones on this board after we joined, and as a spouse, it hit me hard. I'm so happy to see how well you are doing, and I know Mike is proud of the way you are carrying on with life and enjoying your family so much.

Welcome back, and stay in touch!

God Bless,

Karen C.