hello from Mary

moonunit

I am american, female, and have been diagnosed with advanced stage lung cancer. 22 years ago I had breast cancer and lumpectomy and radiation treatments. Now I have had radiation on the right side (left side couldn't be done because of the prior treatement) chemo and now I am taking Tarceva.

welcome to our site !! We have quite a few tarceva patients here and I am sure they will be along also today to say Hi to you Mary. sorry you have to be here but glad that you are!

Hi Mary.

This is a great group of survivors, welcome. Sounds like you have been dealing with this for a while, having finished radiation and chemo and going on Tarceva. You are well aware having gone through breast cancer how the big C affects us. Hope you have some support at home too! Any problems with the Tarceva?

Donna G

When I hear you say you had breast cancer 22 years ago, I think of how devastated I was when my cancer came back after a year in remission. What a blow it must be having licked it for so long ago. Talk about being blindsided. My heart goes out to you. Just know that cancer treatments and survivals have changed dramatically. I was just on a thread and saw Jamie's pic--+five years survival on Tarceva. Keep us posted.

Judy in KW

I've been on Tarceva since September and doing pretty well. I hope your results are good as well. If you are lucky, the side effects are manageable, if annoying at times. Let us know if you need help with remedies!

Did you have a biopsy and did they test for the mutation?

What chemo did you have?

How were your post-treatment scans?

Sorry to be so nosy. It is only recently that they have approved Tarceva as a maintenance drug, rather than at progression, so I am curious about the therapy decision process.

Don't hesitate to ask for what you need around here. We get familiar really quick and little surprises us or grosses us out.

Welcome - and sorry you need to be here.

Hi, Mary, welcome to LCSC! We have a great support group here. For your more "medical" questions, may I suggest that you visit cancergrace.org (GRACE — Global Resource for Advancing Cancer Education). GRACE is led by Dr. Howard "Jack" West, a Seattle oncologist who is an internationally-recognized expert on lung cancer and who gives high priority to promptly answering questions online. A lot of us are "dual citizens" and have the same usernames there as here. Aloha,

Ned

Hi Mary,

My apologies for my late welcome,but I got here in the end,good to meet a new friend,I am sure you are going to enjoy being here,looking forward to getting to know you.

Welcome Mary,

I'm a little late getting on to say welcome, but I've been on the road a lot over the last month.

How are you responding to the Tarceva? A lot of folks here have had an excellent respons to it, so I am hoping that is your experience.

Susan