Monday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 76 degrees as I rode to work this morning. The forecast high for this afternoon is 100 degrees. Weather forecasts can get a little monotonous here this time of year.

I hope everyone had a good Father's Day. Rose and I went fishing, then our daughters and granddaughter were over for a fried fish dinner. We tried a new oil for frying the fish. It has the highest smoke point of any cooking oil, so it's great for frying, and it's also supposed to be the healthiest cooking oil there is. I'd also started hearing reports of how great fish tasted when fried in it, so decided to try some. It's rice bran oil. The reports were right; the fish was excellent. Even the hush puppies were the best I've tasted. There just seemed to be no taste from the oil at all.

It was a great visit and family dinner. Today is back to the grind, and I'm packing everything in my office to move to another office.

Have a great day, all!

Morning All! Woke up to a very stormy morning in KW. It's brightening up now. It says it's 80 degrees so I guess the storm cooled us off but you would have fooled me when I was out there working in it.

Bud, we'll look for that rice bran oil. My husband had been using some coconut oil that we can't get anymore. He just loved it for fish. This will be another option to try in addition to a new brand of coconut oil. Sounds like you had a great Father's Day. Our kids are at a distance so Stan went fishing and then we went to neighbors for pasta.

You and Eric both moving offices Bud. I remember those days too well. The Navy made me move a couple of times when I was the director of St Leo College's campus here. Then I was in four different offices (one in the same suite) during my counseling days. What a nightmare. I learned just how heavy paper and books are, never mind the furniture.

Massage day--yeahhhh! I try to do it once a month and I soooo look forward to it.

Hope you all have a great day.

Judy in KW

Good morning. I am so jealous of everyones heat. Today first day of summer we have a high of 65 and a chance of rain :roll: I really think I need to move somewhere else.... :wink:

Anyways not much going on here today just work and kids work and kids oh and did I mention work and kids???

Have a good one everyone.......

Good Evening Everyone,

To-day another glorious sunny and hot day,we Scots are being spoiled,we've seen very little rain in the past few weeks,we'll probably get it in buckets in July.Speaking of July,are Scots postings to America o.k. on the forth?or have you now forgiven us,mind you, there were probably as many Scots fought on your side anyway?

Glad you all enjoyed the pics,Judy, I am keeping this trip a secret,I dont want any male interlopers moving in and spoiling the attention I received,I just love flirting with the girls,although at my age,I forget why?Sorry I havent heard about Key Wests Fantasy Fest,but would love to know more about it.

Bud glad you had a great family fathers day,funny I was in the supermarket on Saturday,in amongst the shelves looking for olive oil,when I came across,these bottles of rice bran oil,must get some to try it.Bud I just about choked with laughter when I read about you enjoying eating hush puppies? well in the UK they are very popular footware for men and women,very comfortable and light on your feet.I was just imagining you passing around the table,hush puppies on plates, saying slip ons or with laces,sorry I have a sick sense of humour.

Calintay,sympathise with you and the rain,we Scots get our share also but look on the bright side,your countryside Ill bet is beautiful and green.I am jealous of you still having kids about the house.

Judy MI,Regarding the costumes,all the girls who were on duty as coach wardens(two per coach) were dressed as Hawiian girls,others wore tee-shirts with their bus name on the front,still others in individual fancy dress costumes,each year a coach is given the title coach of the year-that is the coach who raised the most cash,so they all came dressed as cow girls with gold cowboy? hats on,labled No1 Coach.I am on tenterhooks for next years trip as our bus got nominated for fancy dress,every passenger must conform,I dont know what the theme will be.

Well thats the Football just started,got to dash folks,see you all to-morrow.

Hi Everyone, muggy and 80 here. Looks like we're going to get some storms. Good. Not a high humidity lover.

Nothing much going on here, new pup is awesome. Doc renewed pain meds without much hassle. Only worked 4 hours today as I was not sure if the bod could take anymore than that.

Eric, you certainly can post to us on the 4th. Not many may respond because if the weather is nice, we'll all be out and about. I found out the 5th is the holiday, for work, so I am getting a Monday off. Yeah! We are not holding grudges, as I'm sure there are as many Scots on this side of the war as the other.

Speaking of.....how about that golf game yesterday. ERic do you like golf? US Open, and an Irishman won it for the first time ever. It was awesome to see this young man, incredulous that he was beating the best golfers in the world. It was great!

K, talk atcha later

Judy in MI