Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! 84 in KW and the winds are dying down some. Heard they had wicked weather in IN last night. Hope Judy and her husband didn't wind up back in the basement in nearby MI.

First night after chemo--was up at 2. Drank my Sweet Dreams tea and was able to go back to bed at 4 am and catch a couple of hours. Not a good day for this. We're having neighbors for dinner. My idea, what was a thinking. These people have us an others over a great deal and we want to reciprocate before we and they leave the island for an extended time. Three people, and Stan's cooking a pork roast so it won't be too bad. He's making the rub now that he says he just read should have gone on yesterday. Oh well, I know it will be good. He's an amazing cook.

One last thing, my new purple Dell Studio 17 came late yesterday afternoon. Mitchell Enterprise bought it for me for the office to replace my old desktop. If anyone catches me giving Stan a hard time again for not letting us retire, remind me of this, o.k.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone!

It was 76 degrees when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 95. There are big storms off to the southeast, but it's pretty iffy whether they'll make it here or hot, only a 20 percent chance of rain, the weatherman is saying.

Congrats on the new computer, Judy! Enjoy your dinner. I hope you'll get a better night's sleep tonight.

I didn't ride to work today, and I'm taking tomorrow off the bike, as well. I want to be rested for the 300k I'm riding Saturday evening. Once a year in the summer, the local randonneuring club has a night brevet, and it's this Saturday. I'll be riding 188 miles, starting Saturday evening at 7:00. It will likely be after 10:00 am Sunday morning when I finish.

Have a great day, all!

Hello!

High of 80 here today! Gorgeous weather. The storms passed through, the humidity is gone, and it's fantastic! This is when I so love living here. Incredible weather.

Was tired today, think the pain wears me out. So I got up, took puppy out to do her business, and then invited her to snuggle in bed with me. Hubs is out of town for 3 days, so I thought I'd allow a little snuggle in bed. It was not that relaxing, as she is a puppy and wants to P L A Y!!!! LOL! What a delightful way to slowly wake myself up!

Bud, you just amaze me with your long bike rides and stamina! Way to go. Judy, congrats on the new computer. I'm suspecting dinner will be fabulous. My husband is a great cook too. He didn't do much of that before I got sick, but he learned, and he's so good at it now. I love that. I love that he loved me enough to learn how to cook, and now does more of it than I do!

Today is Gilda's Club day from 2:30 to 6:00! Afterwards, I will take myself out to this little restaurant on the lake, and sit outside and enjoy a meal. Early to bed and lots of rest after that.

Have a great day!

Judy in MI