Doctor orders CT due to change in nodules in left lung.

-Cheryl-

Hello Survivors,

I met with my chemo onc today for my 3 mo. folow up. He said that x-ray showed some changes going on in left lung. Now these nodules have been there since the beginning of my diagnosis, but assumed to be benign. They did not light up on my PET scan back in May 2003, nor did they respond to chemo. My onc said "we'll just watch them." Now, he wants to do a CAT scan due to some changes on the chest x-ray, which he said could be "blood vessles or may be nothing." I left his office feeling like I had been run over by a steam roller. I have not been able to concentrate, and am so depressed. Excuse me gentlemen for my next complaint.... but ladies, I have also been having a period since Dec 15 th.. The first one since surgery back in Sept.. I am sure the PMS isn't helping the situation any either. I feel so discouraged inside. If you could, please keep me in your prayers for wed. morning at 8:00 A.M., when I have my PET Scan. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Oh Cheryl, I think it will be ok. Hang in there. I can at least address the other issue. Sometimes when you have an ongoing period it's because you're not ovulating. Should be easily fixed with a trip to the gyn to get you back on track.

Cheryl, I understand what you are feeling, how discouraging it is. But life is like this that full of Ups and Downs. I know words cannot comfort you and you have to be brave. No one knows what the future is, no one knows how many days they have. Cherly, please look forward and stay positive, no matter what the result is. Positive attitude certainly makes you feel better and makes the health more better and the immune system more strong.

Best Regards to you.

Cheryl-

Very scary news, I know. Of course you will be in my prayers that the nodes are OK. Better get that other problem checked as soon as you can. Try not to panic before the results are in (easier said than done, I know :(.

Love and hugs.

I am happy for you that your doctor is keeping a close eye on everything. I know any hint of the return of the "beast" is very scary. You are in my prayers today that all is well . Donna G

Cheryl,

As Donna said above, I think it is a positive sign that your doctor is staying on top of things -- rather rule something out than wait and wonder....

I will be sending prayers your way for an uneventful PET Scan tomorrow which shows a whole lot of NOTHING!

hi cheryl

try not to worry too much.which is hard to do,i know,but you gave me encourgement when i needed it and hopefully i can too.

i think everyone who are posting are right,your doctor seems to really care ,thats why he want's to check every little thing that pops up.your scans will be great. :wink: keep the faith.

mini george

Cheryl------hoping it is just changes----please don't be discouraged it may be nothing---x-rays are deceiving and if the nodules were there from the beginning- it is probably nothing-- everytime I go for scans I get a bad report then it turns out to be nothing at all----my Surgeon said my lungs always change from scan to scan and perhaps yours are too---especially after surgery, things change in your lungs---

second problem I don't know---I am sure you have talked to your Dr.?

best wishes and hoping for good results for you

Cheryl,

Extra prayers for a squeaky clean PET. There are so many things that show up crazy on xrays - that's why I always ask for the CT scan for Earl.

On the other problem, at least you are still young enough to have that problem. Just kidding, I would definitely have that checked.

Thinking of you.

Ginny

My prayers are heading your way, too, Cheryl. Hang in there! :o

For some unknown psychological reason, I'm finding new testing a bit easier to take, even when the results are not great. I guess I'm closer to truly doing that "one day at a time" thing.

Now that I typed that, I'll probably be flipping out at my next test. :wink:

Barbara