Last thing I knew, I was driving "The Bus"...

Snowflake

...and suddenly, it's been months since I've posted! I can't even begin to figure the amount of the fine RY will impose for not putting in for a hall pass.

I'm still on the green side of the grass, in case anyone was wondering. Just took an unplanned break for a while. Did ya miss me? :lol:

I have tied a knot in my rope and am hanging on. I have on my big girl panties and have wielded my Louisville Slugger on occasion to keep those darn monsters under the bed where they belong. I am living life on the wild side, being unemployed with no insurance. COBRA would have been over $1K/month for just the boy and me, so I turned it down.

...and life sure does take some crazy turns.

Someone please, catch me up on what I've missed. There's no way I'll be able to read through months of posts...

Thanks!

Hi Snowflake,

I am new(ish)from Scotland,just love being here,dont know how you could stay away for so long,a day is long enough for me.Love your American speak,unfamilar to my ears,so I just got to guess the meaning by its context,please correct me if I am wrong.

"Green side of the grass" youre doing ok?

"Tied a knot in my rope" hanging in there?

"Big girl panties" courage?,yeah Judy uses that one.

"Louisville Slugger" now youve got me here, a gun?

"Monster uder the bed" heard of this here before -your fears?

"COBRA" nasty poisionous snake,insurance scheme?

Its good to meet you,hope youll stay around for a while.

Becky,

We're not in Kansas anymore, but we are at a beach in the Los Angeles area, waiting for Andrea (and the twins) to show up and then we're going to take off (in the bus, as planned) for Hawaii and meet NED. As I recall, he has offered his garage, but it may be a little crowded. I'm thinking about a hotel room on a beach there.

You are still driving and we're just waiting for the last few folks to show up. Poor Eric probably doesn't know what we're talking about, but I know he'd enjoy the trip. Let's wait for him.

Good to see you here again.

Muriel

Hi there,

I'm new here since you posted last, but that's something that's happened while you've been gone. I came here! hahahahaha!

Eric, surprisingly you got most of the American speak correct! Except for the Louisville Slugger. That is a baseball bat, used to fend off the fears!

Have a lovely day!

Judy in MI

Hi Judy,

Thanks for clearing up the Slugger for me,so lets get the rest right,Becky (snowflake) is currently driving a bus around the USA,Muriel is taking a bus to Hawaii to meet Ned,with Andrea and the twins with a few other folk,and they are all going to stay in Neds garage?.Well call me dim,but I dont think a bus is an appropriate means of transport to Hawaii,yeah, and just how big is Neds garage?.Muriel you are so lucky in going to Hawaii and meeting Ned,you are right, I would just love to tag along,have a lovely time.

Years ago we joked about taking a bus trip - a beer bus trip. Randy posted a picture of a school bus with a beer logo or something like that. It was a long time ago. A bunch of us (many who don't post very often) all agreed to go on this imaginary trip. There were several trips and several drivers. Patty B wouldn't stop long enough for Denise and Jayla to hop on. Denise could only grab the window frame and push Jayla into the bus. We replaced Patty B with Becky as the driver. Other disasters occurred. We planned a route to pick up Denise, Becky (Snowflake), Ry, Debi, and then a couple people in PA. Then we would travel down the east coast and get Randy in SC, Lynn in Titusville, Ann in Melbourne, me, Judy in KW, Katie in TX, back up the center of the country and up to Canada to get Bruce U. and someothers and down to LA where Andrea is. I don't think she even had the twin when this started. We cooked on a charcoal grille on top of the bus, slept in the bus, and had lots to drink.

Somehow, when Becky stopped posting, we were lost in Montana, or one of those states. I have just moved us to LA, and assume all are still on the bus.

This was a thread on "Just For Fun/Off Topics." Having a problem with taking the bus to Hawaii? This is all imaginary and the bus can fly. We did have some controversy over what to call the person navigating the bus over the Pacific ocean - a driver or a pilot.

Everyone was welcome to join the trip. We didn't want it to be a clique or have anyone think it was a closed group. We had lots of fun with it. Many laughs - important when you are fighting cancer.

Muriel

Hi Muriel,

Thanks for the time you have taken to provide the newbies with your fantasy bus story,you are right,having a laugh is a great cancer antidote,put me down for a return ticket please .You have given me a much needed laugh,after a really wet miserable day in Scotland.

kegbus.jpg

The bus needs gas cause it has been sitting in idle keeping cool with all these pets and people waiting for so long!! pass the hat around!!

Hello, Eric,

Where do you think Judy got her big girl panties? :wink:

The phrase is: Put on your big girl panties and get over it.

The Louisville Slugger is indeed, a baseball bat. I refer to those voices of doom and gloom that pop up every now and then as well as the looming possibility of a recurrence as the monsters under the bed. With that ball bat and a high-powered flash light, I can beat the monsters back under the be (drugs help, too).

COBRA is insurance funded entirely by an ex-employee. Usually, when an employer offers insurance, it's given to employees at a reduced rate (for a family, it was $160/month out of my check and the employer pays the rest under a group plan). I lost my job last year and my insurance this year when I got divorced. When investigating the possibility of having the COBRA insurance, I discovered the huge cost and just can't afford it on the unemployment check I receive. Oh well, such is life.

The green side of the grass means I'm above the grass, the better side, most days. This would be in contrast to "pushing up daisies."

As for the knot tying, that's a Thomas Jefferson quote:

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

Also, I used to be here many times a day, posted often and lead some magic bus forays as well as joined the chicken cult (not many of us left any more). I've had to stick up for the blondes on the Just for Laughs forums as we are one of Randy's favorite groups to make fun of.

So, Eric and Judy in MI, nice to make your acquaintance. I'll try to get back into the swing of things, but for now, it's a cautious toe in to test the temperature.. :shock:

Snow, I am still on the bus and thank God I brought enough Pinot Noir, but the stash is just about exhausted. Please find your bus drivers hat and get back here.

We do have a few more 'newbies' who I bet would be glad to be added to the passenger list.

Glad to see you back and thanks for the FF help.

Well I'll be darned...........you're back! Big girl panties, green side of the grass and all.

I haven't left the bus yet, when do we get to Hawaii? Becky are you dragging your feet about the ocean crossing?

I'll catch up more later - dinners ready.

Geri

Hi Everyone,

Wonder if you wouldnt mind taking a short detour to Scotland and pick me up before heading for Hawaii,Id love to meet Ned also.Better to fill the tank before coming, as the price of petrol here is more than twice the price as in the US of A.

Becky, if you are coming, for your own comfort please cover up properly all those sunburny bits of yours,we have have a famous tiny insect here called the highland midge,who would just love to make your aquaintance.

If you can make the time,just for fun,I could arrange on your arrival for you to participate in some traditional Scottish activies,such as a haggis shoot,tossing your caber and throwing the hammer.For the more energetic we could have a ceilidh,some Scottish country dancing eg the dashing white sergeant,strip the willow,gay gordons and the Canadian barn dance.Refreshments provided,best of Scottish beverages,widely sold in Russia and other foreign countries such as England,Barrs Irn Bru,absolutely delicious,particularly useful if one is suffering from a bout of overindulgence.Hope to see you all soon,by the way would there be any room for Messrs Whyte and Mackay?

If you're lucky Becky will detour - and that's one hellava detour - as long as you bring only three things.............each case of wine or booze count as one item (a case of twelve willc do) and please don't forget some food (no haggis) some of us have been on this bus long time and supplies are running low.

Clean underwear and socks are greatly appreciated!

Geri

Now just a wee minute Geri,I think you are being a wee bit disrespectful to our great national dish The Haggis,so fair its honest sonsie face great chieftain o the puddin race,why oor Rabbie wull be birlin in his grave to hear ye speak thus.Noo jist fur yer cheek,am gonna shoot the biggest haggis in Scotland,and bring it along,not forgetting great pots of tatties an neeps.And as a final punishment theyll be nae Whyte and Mackays nor Drambuie fur ye.

That's okay Eric, I'm ENGLISH!! If memory and history serve me right the English were arrogant enough to think that the whole world should speak like us, eat like us and of course let's not forget that they should cover their bodies and practice our religion!

Now I've been away from 'home' (Bristol) for 40 years and have no such biases.............the Canadians and Americans I know alreaady speak like us, eat very much like us and certainly cover their bodies to practice a religion very much the same as ours. :lol::lol::lol:

Bring your haggis along, my nephew tells me it's delicious, and I'll share my egg, chips and beans. (that's fried eggs, french fries and baked beans for you non-English)

Looking forward to meeting you on the bus.

Geri.

Hey Becky,

Sure am glad you are back. I'm still back here on this bus too. Gonna need to stop and replenish the Miller Lite supply though. It has been a while, but this promises to be a a worthwhile trip. Great to have new folks join us as well. Glad I poked my head in and saw what was going on here.

Hugs,

Sue

JUDY, HELP ME!

I posted a reply to this string this afternoon and received notification that it was "published" - but it's not here! Judy and I must be sharing a brain cell today, way scary, dude!

Hi Randy,

Nice to put a face to a name,like your new avatar,funny no one else seems to have noticed,I have forgotten what your previous avatar was already.Looking forward to sharing a wee Drambuie with you on the bus.

I change up once and a while ! The other one is my furry frined Mocha the Pound pupster!!!she gets rubbed while I type on the computer!!