Keg Bus, Keg Bus, where's that Keg Bus??

Snowflake

The last thing I remember, I made a quick pit stop to wee-wee. I just woke up in a corn field in Kansas, naked but for my Sketchers shape-ups. Those darn aliens, beaming me up is one thing, but these practical jokes of leaving me naked in the middle of nowhere have got to stop.

There was no bail to pay, since after the free ride in the back of the police car, I was shipped off to the loony bin for observation. I'm all for hugs, but those coats that make you hug yourself are sure annoying when your nose starts to itch!

I have escaped the loony bin in my open back hospital gown (stop peeking, Randy!) and am thumbing my way to LA and the bus. Maybe I'll luck out and be able to hitch a ride with a crop duster or two and save the mileage on my expensive sneakers, but if Forrest Gump can do it, the Snowflake can too!

Having met up with a few truckers in the last few months, I should be able to get to LA within the next couple of days. Maybe someone will bring me something to wear that covers all my sunburnable parts! Fannies are supposed to be where the sun doesn't shine, need to get back to that way of thinking and cover my @ss...LOL

Hey, Ned, start looking up a pig for that beach luau, I'm looking forward to something authentic and FILLING when the bus pulls in. Heck, I'll even shave my legs! They're pretty scary, after having all sharp objects, underwires and shoe laces taken away...

Good think Ginny kept the bus passengers from rioting - buncha happy drunks... :roll:

Anyone else who wants to head to Hawaii, get to the bus! We'll be pulling out as soon as the tank is filled and my butt is in the seat!

Did someonen say Pinot Noir? LOL! I'm on the way from Michigan, driving a super fast race car. If I see a Snowflake on the side of the road with her bum hanging out, sunburned, I'll stop and pick you up!

LA Bound. Can't wait to bus on the Ocean.

Hawaii is wonderful. I'm going there in November, so this is a nice treat to go once ahead of time!

Judy in MI

Becky, glad you started this on this board. "Survivors" probably isn't the place for it, given the direction we've taken it.

THE BUS HAS MOVED FROM AN UNSPECIFIED BEACH IN LOS ANGELES TO LA JOLLA BEACH in La Jolla - just north of San Diego. I moved it because I really like that beach and it has a name that people can find on a map. Might be just a tiny bit closer to Ned's house, too.

For those of you who are truly puzzled, you will find some background on this trip on the Survivors message board. The topic is "The last thing I knew, I was driving 'The Bus'." Snowflake started the strand on Wed. July 21st.

Enjoy and please join us on our bus trip to Hawaii. :roll:

Muriel

Well, given the direction it was heading, I had to post why I disappeared...lol

In fact, I'll bet alien abduction is far more believable than the reality!

Get on the bus, kiddies, the adventure is about to begin...

I'm feelng flush today............the first tankful is on me. Now we'll pass the hat.

I guess there's one good thing about the delay - the price of gas went down :):) mostly, for me, the delay meant that I could go on the bus on my own. I've learnt to take care of my heart business myself.

Time to get some sleep.

Geri

Hey, I can SEE the bus, thankfully, I'm upwind and can't smell it! (Note to self, install washer on bus). Are empties returnable in California? We get a dime a piece here in Michigan...

It'll take a day to get the bus up to traveling condition, especially for the ocean crossing. I can detour to pick up Eric, but we'll vote on the Haggis on the bus. There's a ban on pickled anything, offends the bus driver's delicate nose and makes her nauseous. Hard to drive while retching...

Thanks for filling the tank, Geri, now I'll get on emptying the other tank and filling up the water for the extended crossing. Looks like we're heading south and through the Big Ditch on our way to Hawaii - who woulda thunk it? Are there any east coasters out there that we need to pick up on the way?

Hi Everyone,

Bagged myself a fine brace of Haggii(thats the plural of the haggis) I have had them hung up in my wine celler,game birds as you know should be hung for a few days before cooking in a cool place to allow the rich flavours to develope.Snowflake,seems your knowledge of the haggis is sadly lacking,whoever heard of a pickled gamebird?

Geri,your relative is right the haggis is delicious,as my mum always said "Taste and try before you deny".Despite you being English and all,I have decided to forgive you for slighting our great national dish,and give you another chance,and have wiped your slate clean.

Oh no, have heard of the haggis, come by my Irish temper the old fashioned way, handed down by the MacDonald clan.

Just stating that the bus driver doesn't care for pickled anything due to scent, and content may be another ick factor. Since when is haggis a game bird? Last I heard, it was a stuffed sheep stomach, with a lot of days and steps in the process.

Can handle poultry, however. After all, it all tastes like chicken! :lol:

Good to see OUR snowflake back... am looking forward to seeing how this trip progresses from here. It's bound to be a success.. I'm just sitting in the back of the bus laughing my head off and looking forward to a fun trip. You may have a bit of trouble catching up with Judy.. last I heard from her, she was out traveling through farm country in Indiana.

Sue

Well yes of couse we used to stuff the haggii into a sheeps stomach but thats old fashioned now,we now use a synthetic edible liner.

Afternoon Everyone,

Me again,its is bit quiet round these parts recently,just compiling my list of things to pack for Hawaii.Just by co-incidence,I had recently finished reading a cracking biography on James (nearly typed Thomas tee hee)Cook and his three voyages of discovery of the new world,gosh he certainly did run into a spot of bother with the natives of Hawaii,didnt he?,hopefully things have changed a bit since,but relax I am going to pack my Sgian Dubh just in case.

Seems Mr Cook,shared in a Hawaiian custom of exchanging gifts with the islands King and Queen and the natives on the island,metal artefacts from the Europeans were particularly appreciated by the islanders,hey fellahs youll never believe what a sailor could get in exchange for just a coupla nails,I am gonna pack a few boxes,just in case the custom prevails,I will pack my kilt so I formally present myself if we get an invite to the royal household.See you soon guys.

The last thing I remember, I made a quick pit stop to wee-wee. I just woke up in a corn field in Kansas, naked but for my Sketchers shape-ups.

With five AT&T bars, I've been reading this morning Becky. OMG I'm glad you didn't wake up in my cornfield. A sight for sore eyes I'm sure lol.

Judy cruising thru Kentucky

The last thing I remember, I made a quick pit stop to wee-wee. I just woke up in a corn field in Kansas, naked but for my Sketchers shape-ups.

At least Ya found a hospital gown to wear!!! ROFLOL!!!

(I had recently finished reading a cracking biography on James (nearly typed Thomas tee hee)Cook and his three voyages of discovery of the new world,gosh he certainly did run into a spot of bother with the natives of Hawaii,didnt he?)

Hey Eric, for a bit more educational and entertaining reading about Hawaii, you should pick up The Cruise Of The Snark by Jack London. He definitely had some adventures in Hawaii.

As for the adventures of waking up in a cornfield in Iowa, well I had an experience many years ago where I woke up at home and couldn't walk. Found out several days later I had taken a nap in the parking lot of an all night club, apparently someone ran over me. Sure wish I could blame that one on them pesky aliens.

Did someone say fine? Good idea! I should fine the Beck but I don't think she could pay it.

How about the bus ends up in Michigan September 12th for our walk? You can be the Keg bus team and Becky can be captain.

Watcha think Beck?

As long as Becky wears something in adition to her Sketcher's Shape Ups count me in. I'll even wear my shape ups..........and Becky a belt or something equally scanty does not count as covering up :lol:

So is it a detour to Michigan? Could be that the return trip from Scotland went via Michigan en route to Hawaii, then Eric could really be exposed (not by you Becky :oops: ) to the American culture. Let me know if i have to pack walking clothes in my booze box.

Geri

Ya know, RY, that's not a bad idea...would have to wear a fancy hat or something, can't decide if that would be a swashbuckler hat like the days of Blackbeard or a bus driver's cap or a pilot hat...so many hats I wear...LOL

I can set it up on "the page" with a goal, I guess. Geri, pack your walking clothes, I'm hittin' Wal-Mart for some spandex (and creature watching for fashion ideas)!

So easy, a cave man could do it...

K, looks like the road trip took a turn for Michigan. Shoot! I'm in LA!!!!! Turning the race car around now. Couldn't find Becky in the corn fields anyway. Shoot!

Thinking the walk in Michigan would be nice too. But you won't see this booty in spandex, you DON'T want to see that in spandex, trust me. My cellulite's cellulite has cellulite! Muah!!!!

Judy in MI

Hi Becky,

I must clarify my remarks I made regarding your dress code,it was entirely in reference to protecting you from the dreaded highland midge,however inside the keg bus if you have a perfectly reasonable desire to wear a pirate hat,that seems very reasonable to me ,I dont suppose any of the fellahs on board will object.As you probably know, there are strict rules of wearing the kilt of course,shorts must be worn underneath whenever Scottish Country Dancing is undertaken, or where one anticipates climbing to the upper deck in a double decked keg bus,otherwise the kilt wearer must forgo the shorts(this is absolutely true-check the rule book if you dont believe me)Becky I think we should always accept and allow each countries dress codes to prevail.I look forward to seeing more of you when the keg bus arrives in Bonnie Scotland.

Oh Becky,

I forgot to mention in the HLI barracks (Highland Light Infantry) in Glasgow ,now sadly gone to domestic housing,at the Guardhouse at the entrance to the barracks the kilted soldiers had to stand over a ground placed mirror so that the guard manning his post,could check that no soldier leaving the barracks was wearing shorts.Absolutely true,as told to me my mother when I was an adult.

Oh, crap, Eric! Good thing I'm not expected to wear a kilt, wool gives me a rash and any time I wear it, there has to be at least one layer between it and my skin... If I were a Scottish gent, I'd surely have a problem, for even though you are to forgo the shorts, I'm pretty sure that scratch at the pricklies is frowned upon even more!

Judy, the bus isn't swinging back to MI until September, we're golden at La Jolla, and still taking on provisions for our crossing through the Big Ditch on our way to Scotland. Guess we can pick KW Judy up at her home! As for the spandex comments, snowflakes may be light and delicate, but this one breaks the mold! Literally!

Believe me, the bright white skin will be totally covered, still can't be exposed to sunlight without continuing side effects, go figure! I won't be wearing just a pirate hat anywhere, nope, not this 'flake... I'm a humanitarian! :shock: