Missing so many today

KatieB

I've been really missing and longing for the advise and guidance of my parents lately...it's that time of year when I need them most- so many things are happening and I feel really alone at times-- and anniversaries of their passing, birthdates and holidays are rounding out the year....

My life is good...but they aren't in it...and I really still feel their absence.

SO this really wasn't a good week to start this project...but hey, you know me...lol

I began the task of ranking members who have past away as "Legacy members" at the great suggestion of a regular poster here.

It's something I've needed to do for a while to eliminate any confusion or embarassing postings, and to give our past members acknowledgment and respect- but I didn't have the courage to tackle it before now.

I've re-read all grieving postings today. Read ALL obituaries, went thru old emails I've had the past 7 years and in my mind I've revisited all my old friends who have since gone- remembering the times we met, spoke, supported each other thru ups and many downs- and the day I learned they had past away. I grieved them all over again.

I miss them so much.

Each one left an impression on my soul and I am forever changed for having known each of them.

I even read the postings from the day I lost my dad...Sept 6, 2003.

My heart hurts today and is very heavy.

We must find a cure for this disease. Soon.

Katie,

So sorry for your sadness today. I am well aware of the feeling.

This week starts total hell for me. This is the week it all started falling apart for Thom.

I am starting to relive it all and will for the next couple of weeks.

This morning I woke up remembering going to the ER and it all went downhill from there.

He passed away on Aug. 8th and this will mark the first year of me losing him. :(

We would have been married 31 years on Aug. 9th this year. :(

I understand your heartache. Much love and many hugs to you, Katie.

Love,

Jean

Katie,

You have the hugest heart. And your ability to keep it switched on instead of off doing this job is amazing. I love the legacy members idea, but I can imagine (from times I've spent reading old posts here) how painful it was to go back to all those losses.

And you're right. It drives home the point that we need a cure. Now.

thanks friends-

Val- sometimes I WISH I could switch it off...but I don't know how!!! Sometimes I feel like I"m going out of my mind....nothing a good gut-wretching cry won't quell from time to time....but it sure doesn't get easier.

This is one of "those" times...

When Rick called me from work yesterday I warned him..."It's one of those days...tread lightly..." HA!

Thanks for hugs you guys!

xoxox

Oh Katie

What a brave and thoughtful person you are to take on such an challenge. I have cried so many times going through old posts and I did not know these wonderful people. I can only imagine what it is putting you through.

I am sending you hugs ((((((Katie)))))) and tissues.

Sue

What a beautiful thing to do Katie. I understand, truly I do. Here at Gilda's Club (I've been here volunteering all day), I had to stop going to the support meetings because we had a run of folks dieing, and it seems I just got to know them and care for them and they died. It's just so sad.

We MUST find a cure for this disease.

Judy in MI

Ah Katie...

I can't imagine being in your shoes today.

The things written here...we can't go back in time...but holy cow, you sure do get close to going back in time reading some of those posts don't you?

And your parents are so proud of you...and every thing you do and thought you have is a reflection of them. But you know that already.

Odd, as soon as I logged in here again, I had thoughts of so many lost friends and wondered if I really wanted to revisit and step back in....so I read some newer posts.

I can't offer much for treatment options, it's been too long for what I was given to be protocol - a good thing, if you think about it. I'm here to offer support, and hope, same as always.

Glad you've given me the opportunity, and I'm with you on missing them all.

Katie I am so very sorry for your sadness and I am very grateful for your courage as you continue to work on this website, and as you continue to lead in fighting the fight against the dreadful and deadly disease. You are appreciated.

Carol

Katie, this is my second attempt to respond to this thread but I'll try again. I think you are wonderful to undertake this important but painful task. When I saw Becky return yesterday, I thought about the first time I heard of the Keg bus. It was being driven by Pattie then. (If you are reading, I miss you Patti and hope you are well.) I thought, what the heck???? Then I caught on and was happy to join in the fun and games. But things changed and a great deal of that was due to a seemingly endless losses. I won't know all the "Legacy members" but am sure there will be among them many I called friends.

Thank you for doing what you do and let us support you and share in the saddness.

Judy in KW

Katie,

Yesterday, July 25, was the fourth-month anniversary since Bill died. It has been painful.

Your courage and steadfast loyalty to LUNGevity (and all the projects) is amazing.

As one member reminded us that your parents must be very proud of you. Without your guidance and wisdom, there wouldn't be this excellent oasis for all of us.

The legacy idea is wonderful. So many were part of our journey, and so very much missed.

Love you all,

Barbara

Katie, I could only imagine what you were feeling when all those names ( and it is many) who is gone from our family on here. It is countless... but the memories and the wonderful personalities will live on with us... but miss them so much!

My heart to yours, my friend.

Maryanne ♥

Katie,

I remember when I found this site a little over a year ago - just after my diagnosis. I read for hours and hours, saw names come and go, and cried for myself and them as though I'd known them all along. I read your posts of care and support and even though I am "new" here feel part of this great place too. I understand how sad it is when friends become "legendary". I hate the bad news waves and love the good news waves it seems we go through here. I think of everyone often - especially as scan times come around. I can't believe how help and hope grow so much here and thank you for continuing to be at the helm so to speak.

Annette

yes so many

:cry:

There's no way for me to recognize the caregiver's losses though by changing their "status"...they are still active on here even though they've lost a loved one.

The caregivers, if they want readers to know about their loss, have to write it into their signature box like you and I do.