Need your input- PLEASE!

KatieB

We are compiling a list to present to our experts to highlight on our site, blogs and meetings. Can you help? What question would you like to see answered?

What question regarding lung cancer would you most like to have answered by an oncologist or researcher?

If tumors give off an odor that dogs can recognize, how close are we to a diagnostic tool as a machine you breath into that can diagnose lung cancer earlier?

Donna G

Katie,

That's a tough request since so many also use GRACE. So I guess I would concentrate on questions for a researcher - and would ask:

What types of research are being done to determine why lung cancer dx is increasing in younger non-smoking women (if this is a true statistic - I'm never sure about that.)

Thanks.

True about grace answering our personal questions- but these will be posted to our amazing scientific board as well as our amazing medical board and gives us a great idea of what our constituents are interesting in learn about and doing research on.

Thanks keep the questions coming!!

From a Non Medical standpoint, How do we get rid of the stigma of smoking and Lung cancer!!

froma medical Standpoint, In Reality are we near a cure at all, and what can we expect for Early Detection!!

How close are we to the blood test to detect lung cancer and will it work to detect a progression if I never had a tumor and am in remission? Right now it requires very frequent CTs and PETs to see if my treatment is continuing to work.

Judy in KW

Thanks for the awesome questions! I'm forwarding them ALL to the president of LUNGevity and the scientific board! hopes that these will be catagorized and answered in blogs and articles that are upcoming.

Please keep the questions coming! You guys ROCK!

How many CT and PET scans does it take to possibly create more damage and more cancer in the surrounding areas. Am I destined to have a secondary cancer due to all the treatments and scans? My Pulmonary Doctor was concerned with all my scans and wanted to make sure they were reduced to once a year (I am at 3 years cancer free now and finally going to once a year).

Thanks?