anyone recognize "Chris"

KatieB

This is an amazing story and it sounds like Chris (Christine) was a member here but I haven't been able to find her username. Anyone remember someone with lung cancer named Chrid on our site.

I fear she may have used an alis username, which makes it so hard to know who she is.

Anyway, her is the video...it's amazing. I'm so proud of her family members for doing this. We had no idea!!!!

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/eightwest/Hop ... Lungevity-

In her 40s, 6 year survivor, dx during surgery prep for a benign brain tumor, and experimental drugs. Counseled others on this site. We have to be able to figure out who she was and honor her!

Katie - have you contacted the family/organizers? Funny that they would not have contacted at LUNGevity if the walk is to support the organization.

No they didn't contact us at all.

Their event is what is called a "benefactor" event.

This is where the organizers have total ownership of the event and just donate proceeds at the end of the event.

I just went thru every user with the letter "c" and couldn't find her anywhere....all the ones that could have been here either had "0" posts or were someone different.

I definitely don't want to be intrusive- but if there is someway to find out her Message board username, that would be great.

BUT Her loved ones may not even know her username- as alot of users are on here privately.

Sigh...maybe if we get the date of her passing that could help narrow it down

That's an easy request (and even more recognition of LUNGevity!):

STEPANEK - Christine Anne Stepanek, age 46, of Hudsonville, went to be with her Lord on Monday, April 5, 2010. Christine enjoyed spending time with her family and was a devoted fan of her boys and their sports teams. She was preceded in death by her father, Arthur DeBoer and father-in-law, Ronald Stepanek. She will be lovingly remembered by her husband, Gregory; her children, Thomas and Michael; mother, Joann DeBoer; brother, Bill and Terri DeBoer; mother-in-law, Marilyn Mulder; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Les and Tonya Church. Funeral services will be held Friday at 11 a.m. at Messiah Christian Reformed Church, 2900 Springdale, Hudsonville, with Rev. Terry Genzink officiating. Those who wish may make memorial contributions to the LUNGevity Foundation or CRWRC. Relatives and friends may meet the family Thursday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Matthysse-Kuiper-DeGraaf Funeral Home (Grandville), 4145 Chicago Dr. Condolences may be sent online at www.mkdfuneralhome.com. Matthysse Kuiper DeGraaf