One Year Ago - Second Surgery...

Annette

One year ago today I had surgery on my left side. So since that day I suppose I have been NED - or so they say. I am already bouncing my leg for my "technical" one year CT Scan on Sept 15 I think. I actually had a few good days these last few months that I wasn't absolutely convinced that I had cancer in my toe. Every day a few aches are a little more gone. But boy it is hard not to worry - cause I am very very good at worrying. I have found that worrying for all the great people on here every time a test date comes around has helped, hopefully not only me but them too.

One year - not long in the grand scheme of things - but boy has this been a horrific year.

Annette

Hi Annette,

Of course I too wish you the best on the one year scan. I agree with you about life post cancer. It's amazing the many things that have gone wrong in the 3 years since my DX. None of them thus far have been cancer related, but they have all been health related, many of them as a result of my treatments. It seems some days if it is not one thing, it's another.

I have learned much patience in all of this. I had to try to just love the day I'm in and enjoy what I can of it and let the rest go. Not how I thought I'd be spending my 50's, but what can we do?

Now: You do NOT have cancer in your big toe! Trust me.

:lol:

Judy in MI

Annette,

I remember your first post. You've come a long way and been through so much. I'm keeping everything crossed that your scan is excellent. Despite my recurrence, year two has been much better than year one. If Ned, it can only be better!

Best.

Annette,

We all understand the anxiety involved as those scan times approach the day, and I have no answers. I am still bad at that after 7 years. But I guess we just need to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. The day will come and it will also pass.

Anti-anxiety meds can help a lot, and I've always tried to be very busy leading up to the scan day. I wish you the best results, and you will be in my thoughts leading up to your scan.

Cindy

• 1 month later...