Wednesday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 71 degrees with rain when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 88 degrees, a major break from the 100 degree days we've been having.

There was enough rain and lightning that I drove to work, rather than riding. I had ridden to work the last 23 days that I've worked.

I couldn't watch the video you linked to at work, Judy. Then, I forgot about it when I got home. Maybe the senility will ease up enough for me to remember it this evening.....LOL.

Have a great day, all!

Good morning everyone!

The dog days of summer are winding down. It is a balmy 71 right now. Got down to 51 last night! Slept like a baby!!!!! High today of 77, lows in the 50's for the next 3 days. Then it's going to get back to the 80's for the weekend. Perfect weather. Think we're probably done with 90's here for the rest of the year.

Today is organization day. I am going to tear my office apart, and file, or shred documents that have been sitting around for way too long.

Slept in until 9:30, decadent! It felt soooooo good!

So, see ya! Have a great day!

Judy in MI

Morning All! In 20 minutes it will be afternoon. Slept in til 8 and was glad. I've been complaining of being soooo tired (for no reason I can think of) for several days. Decided to make today a "fluff and buff" day. You women know what I mean--wash my hair, shave my legs, take the old polish off toenails from last pedicure etc. Stan "visited" around 9:30 am lol. He'll be back sometime and we'll do some errands and maybe visit one of his friends. Will probably have to skip the museum.

Tomorrow is chemo in a new facility. It's always a little stressful the first time but they were very nice on the phone. All the small cancer clinics I've used the last couple of years have been so friendly.

MDA seems to be getting it's act together after thinks seemed very disorganized for awhile there. They got my paperwork to Dr I here in OH in good time. Then they called me and scheduled me for a chemo on Oct 8. I had asked if I could skip the one on the 31st of Sep and do it while I was in OR for scans. I told the nurse I thought Dr T would want it the day AFTER scans just in case there is a change in treatment. And that's exactly what they scheduled. It had been awhile since my call and I really thought I would have to repeat both requests but no. I'm so glad. I want to feel confident in them and was getting a little shakey.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in OH

Breathable! Yes! Lower humidity, lower temperature...and a breeze to help with that flippin' pollen count. Hay fields going for the second cutting, ragweed...sheesh...

Spent some time out at the pond yesterday, catching little fish. That bit of sun and my face is all broke out. Seven years and the Iressa is still messing with my skin. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it's been messing with my tummy for ages, too. Nice to be evidence of a long-term side effect, even if the effect isn't so nice.

Time to get back to diet and exercise. I'm beginning to feel like Jabba the Hut!

Good Evening Everyone,

Just starting to rewrite,this post,just about finished,and the computer blanked out then came up with re-configuring windows,then when completed left me to start up again,message lost,grrrrr.Anyway,beautiful night here sun just beginning to set.Gosh it seems like ages since I have posted,I have not even been reading the forums,I have been so busy in fact last night I was feeling really tired I went up to bed at 8.30pm and fell asleep until the alarm went off at 6.30am,that is definately not me.

Spent the weekend at Edinburgh,Saturday with Irene and family,then with Jennifer on Sunday,left Sally at home,she couldnt manage all the walking also Chris called off too.Well Jennifer and I had a great day,walking for miles around the streets,watching all the performers,they were all such a delight to watch,Jennifer had never visited the castle so we spent some time in there also,got loads of pics to share with you,when I get some free time.

I have got my next training day to-morrow at the House for an Art Lover,for being a telephone buddy,I have got to read up my training manual to-night they may ask us questions on its contents,so better to be prepared.

Alice Foster phoned me at 6.15pm to-night for an interview

and questioned me about my cancer experience,positive and negatives thoughts,which I must have overloaded her recorder in happily passing on my thoughts,she also asked me for an opinion on a Lung Cancer advisory leaflet being developed to be sent to every doctors surgery in the UK.Alice and her team seem to be concerned about GPs awareness of Lung Cancer symptoms,so this leaflet should ring some bells,the leaflet will be distributed to the GPs patients to tick boxes in it that identifies common lung cancer symptoms,so it being used a a screening device to identify patients who may be showing early signs of Lung Cancer.Alice asked if I would be willing to be contacted in the future for any other Lung Cancer related issues,naturally I said yes.

Since the college opens offically to-morrow,we have been receiving good will messages from countries all over the world we currently have educational links to,think you may be

interested in the American ones,maybe you know of them?

St Petersburg College,Florida. Davidson County Community College,North Carolina. Johnston Community College, North Carolina. Rockingham Community College North Carolina and Pitt Community College,Greenville North Carolina,gosh we are popular in North Carolina?,oh not forgetting Waukesha County Technical College,Wisconsin.

My apologies for not replying to the morning airs recently,promise to do better,will read the ones I have missed to-morrow.Goodnight everyone.

Becky, so sorry you're have a physically rough time. I do envy the "catching little fish" at the pond. Think I enjoyed fishing in ponds and streams up North more than I do the ocean in FL. Seasickness, do you know? Anyway lady, where's the big straw hat? Do you have a farmstore nearby. They have great hats.

Eric, chill. With all you do, I'm not surprised you finally flaked out and slept. Remember, you are back to work now and the energy is not endless. We miss you but know you are busy.

I'm tired. Been out all afternoon into evening with Stan. Now it's almost seven and I don't have my stuff together for chemo tomorrow morning. Having it all together minimizes anxiety for me.

Have a good evening everyone.

Judy in OH

Took a friend to a appointment this morning. We stopped for lunch after and I barely ate. Dropped her off, came home and did nothing. Then took a nap. Ate dinner because M fixed it. Looking forward to going to sleep. This is not good. Hope tomorrow is better. Night all.

Thanks Judy.

Well, late evening I managed to get up enough energy to go get ice cream and ate plenty. Finished yesterday's lunch today and went swimming. I think I was blitzed from the book I finished reading on Tuesday. "Full Moon at Noontide" by Ann Putnam. Beautifully written, incredibly sad. Much Kleenex involved in the read.

Still stressed by side effects, but I think I am okay overall.