Thursday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 71 degrees when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 93.

I intended to ride to work today, but forgot to change the time on my alarm clock, so got up too late, and drove to work. I don't guess an extra rest day off the bike will hurt since I'm doing a hard 100 mile ride Saturday. I'm joining 14,000 of my closest friends at the Hotter 'N Hell Hundred.

Judy is right, Eric. We understand that life can get too busy. I'm barely finding time to post myself this week. Have a great day, all!

Yes, life is good when it's busy. So much better than the alternative! 100 miles, wowser!!!!!!

I am happy to report that since increasing my dosage of Baclofen, the spasms have stopped!!!!!!! STOPPED!!!!!! I can't believe how well I am feeling. And for some strange reason the heart palpitations are gone too! It's like now that my heart knows a Cardiologist is going to look at it, it decided to behave! LOL! Still going to see him September 1, but the problem seems to have solved itself!

Beautiful day here again. 70 degrees, sunshine, gorgeous! Light breeze. Life is fantastic these days. So thankful. I will take them one day at a time, and enjoy them as much as I can.

Going back to Gilda's today. Took two weeks off for other commitments, but back at it today. I miss them and can't wait to see my friends.

Have a lovely day!

Judy in MI

Morning, can't seem to say anything lately. Today I have to say way way cool Judy, any day without pain is a vacation. I went into the ER a few years ago thinking I was having a stroke or something, intense pain. Instead I was diagnosed with lung cancer with no symptoms of it. The pain magically went away and hasn't came back. I just believe God works in very mysterious ways. By the way Judy you can expect a couple more days of 90s that should get there tomorrow or so. Sposed to be near 100 here today after an overnight low of 45. We've even had freeze warnings in the higher elevations, but our higher elevations are about ten thousand feet.

Bud, I do admire you, just saying 100 mile bike ride makes me start coughing, especially in near 100 degree temps. You are the man..

Well it has been a week since the doc brought up the possibility of a stent for my lung, don't have much hope for that. He also told me that after a lung has been collapsed for so long the chance of it returning to a healthy working organ can be very slim so I haven't been unrealistically hopeful for it anyway.

I am still NED so I can have hope and try to enjoy life as it is.

Going to a lunch group in a couple weeks with a bunch of high school folks I haven't seen in 40 yrs or so. Our 40th class reunion is next summer and I'm really looking forward to it. I've probably connected with at least 25 to 30 people from high school on facebook.

Welp guess I'll get off here for now. I usually pop in several times a day and keep up on whats going on so at least I don't feel like I am completely in the dark. I just need to turn on my light a little more often...

See y'all later..

Donny

Lost my whole post again and only have it in me to do one more so I'll try to go slow and careful.

Hey Bud, forced to take it easy ain't bad. You'll make it up Saturday.

I'm joining 14,000 of my closest friends at the Hotter 'N Hell Hundred.

LOL

And fishing tomorrow, right!

Donny, we do love it when you turn your light on. I wish those docs of yours would be a little more optomistic about those stents. I do think hs friends are great. Something happens around 40 yrs. I've always gone to all my reunions and Stan's but after forty was the best. We most of us seem much more comfortable in our own skins and so with each other.

Judy couldn't be happier to hear the med is working. Do keep that appointment with the cardiologist though. Never know when you might need him.

Freaky night and morning. Getting to sleep late, then waking every couple of hrs thru the night. Finally got up to the alarm at 6:30. Looked at my calendar book and saw my labs and onc appointments were yesterday! Took an Ativan and got ready and showed up at the Cancer Center all apologizes. I had no excuse. Just had one date in the book but was "seeing" another. Odd thing, is one young woman came and said they did have me booked for today (that's not what I wrote down!). How strange. Anyway, it done. I'm home exhausted with no TV to fall asleep to. Guess I'll try to pull something to watch up on the computer.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

P.S. I actually did lose 2/3 of this post again but was able to retrieve it with Ctrl Z this tim. Yeah!

Friday Eve and the countdown begins.

Count down to Labor Day weekend - I'm going camping. In a tent! Traveling in a pick-up truck, maybe even with the windows down. A redneck vacation, to be sure. May even get a fishing license!

Cooled down here for a bit, but is supposed to be back to just shy of Hades by the end of the weekend. Enjoying the mid-70's while I can!

May be road-tripping tomorrow. Mom has a craving for chili dogs and we found a great hole-in-the-wall bar last summer on a road trip that had the BEST ones within a 2-hour drive. Wish my intestines luck, there aren't many bathrooms on the way home!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. I'm off to FB to farm and then out in the sunshine again...from the shade, that is.

Good Evening Everyone,

Sun just beginning to set on another lovely August day,the weather here has just been so good recently long may it continue.

You know at the risk of you all fitting me with the jacket that Becky once wore,that is, the one you cannot scratch an itchy nose wearing,this dx of mine sure has brought me a huge silver lining to that cloud.I was at the House for an Art Lover for the second and last training day for being a telephone buddy,we were enjoying a super lunch in the sunfilled dining room,seated at a large window overlooking a terrace,where other diners were seated outside enjoying the weather,the surrounding parkland and flowers were just so beautiful,I just felt so good,no it wasnt because I had escaped from my work for a day,more to do with the new people who have come into my life I would have never met otherwise.This includes all the guys I was sharing lunch with,and all you guys out there,I really feel so lucky(maybe Ive gone soft in the head?)Anyway training day was excellent,the presenters were so professional,think I can handle any telephone situation that may arise in the near future,fingers crossed,slightly nervous that I am only one of three in the UK in the pilot before rolling it out further,I would hate to be the one to be responsible for it closing down,no it wont happen,the support team around us are so professional,and we will learn with experience.

Hi Bud,Thanks for the HotterN Hell link,I read it before coming on,now I really like the sound of that,would love to join you in this one albeit,I would only accompany you part of the way,since the 10k section looks ideal to me,maybe next year,eh?

Well Judy MI,I cannot say how pleased I am in reading about the improvements in your health,its almost unbelievable after all you have been through,think Gods looking after you,may this improvement be permanent.

Oh Donnie what a bummer,I was so hoping your lung re-inflation was going to be successful,why on earth was the stent possibility offered in the first place,if it were not feasible,I think somone deserves a rollocking?.Your reunion with classmates after forty years is just remarkable,probably impossible to do that in Scotland,since most of us tend to wander the planet.The funny thing is when Scots migrate the first thing theyll do is join the local St Andrews Association and wallow in renditions of "My Heart is in the Highlands aChasing the Deer,or "My Grannies Hielin Hame" oh we are a strange lot.I did sign up in facebook but that was as far as I got,what happens next?.

OK guys just before I go,what is Labor Day or Labour Day(you forgot the U) and Becky whats a redneck vacation ?

Goodnight everyone,sleep tight dont let the .........

Wow Becky! Camping in a tent! I give you credit for that. I'm a Hilton kind of girl myself. Have not camped in years, and from what I remember, I didn't like it much. Didn't help that it rained and the tent was not waterproof, and that was the last time I camped! LOL!

Loving the cooler temps too girl! Though I've been told by our friend in Wyoming that frying weather is on it's way! We know better than to enjoy this for too long.

Judy in MI

Eric, you are such a love! You always make me smile with your stories, and trying to understand us Americans.

We use the term red neck to identify a type of people that spend a lot of time outside, hence their necks are red from sun burn. These kind of people drink a lot of beer, and ride around in banged up pick up trucks, and are usually country bumpkin types. I'm describing this badly. Let me go to Google and get a definition for you.

Well here's a picture of something a red neck would have.

2cf3.jpg

Redneck is historically a derogatory slang term to refer to poor white Southern farmers in the United States.[1] It is similar in meaning to "cracker" (especially in Georgia and Florida), "hillbilly" (especially in Appalachia) and "white trash" (especially among blacks[2][3]).

Look up redneck in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

The most common American usage, referring to the poor rural white Southerner, is probably derived from individuals having a red neck caused by working outdoors in the hot sun. A citation from 1893 provides a definition as "poorer inhabitants of the rural districts...men who work in the field, as a matter of course, generally have their skin burned red by the sun, and especially is this true of the back of their necks".[4] In recent decades the term expanded its meaning to mean bigoted, loutish and opposed to modern ways, and has often been used to attack Southern conservatives and segregationists. At the same time, many members of the U.S. Southern community have set out to reclaim the word, using it as a self-identifier.

Labor (we do spell it labor not labour) Day is a holiday in America. It's a day off from work hence the name Labor. I'd have to look up it's origins because I can't remember why we made this holiday. It's always the first Monday in September.

Judy in MI

The last time I went camping in a tent, I was with my parents. EVERY time I went camping with my parents, we ended up with at least one day of torrential downpours of the 40-days-and-40-nights variety. I remember waking up one morning, floating on my air mattress in three inches of water. The top and sides didn't leak, but the ground just couldn't hold anymore and it seeped in the bottom...that was over 25 years ago, though. I'm sure this tent is more high-speed than our old thing.

Since the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, the definition of redneck has relaxed a bit. Check your neck:

(And honestly, Judy, no self-respecting redneck would EVER drink Coors...lol)

If you have a home that is mobile and fourteen cars that aren't, you might be a redneck.

If you've ever been too drunk to fish, you might be a redneck.

If you thought the Nutcracker was something you did off the high dive...

If you've ever cracked a beer at a funeral...

If your father walks you to school because you're in the same grade...

If you refer to the sixth grade as "my senior year"...

If your porch falls and kills more than six dogs...

If you've ever mowed your lawn and found a car...

If you've ever misspelled something in Christmas lights...

If you think the last words to the Star-Spangled Banner are "Gentlemen, start your engines"...

If you've been married three times and still have the same in-laws...

If you can burp the alphabet...

If someone asks to see I.D. and you show them your belt buckle...

If you think 'possum is "the other white meat"...

If you and your dog use the same tree...

If you've ever had to climb a water tower to defend your sister's honor...

If your family tree doesn't fork...

If you go to family reunions just to pick up women...

If the Blue Book value of your truck goes up or down depending on how much gas is in it...

If you've ever been accused of lying through your tooth...

If you've been on the T.V. more than five times describing the sound of the tornado...

If you think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk...

If you think "fast food" is hitting a deer at 65 m.p.h. ...

If you work with your shirt off, and so does your husband...

If you've ever worn a tube-top to a funeral home...

If the biggest city you've ever been to is Wal-Mart...

If your dad's cell number has nothing to do with a telephone...

If your richest relative got a new house and you have to help take the wheels off of it...

If you think a 401(k) is your mother-in-law's bra size...

If someone tells you you have something in your teeth and you take them out to see what it is...

If you've ever gotten your hair-do caught in a ceiling fan...

If you empty the bed of your pick-up truck by driving backwards and then slamming on the brakes...

Hi Judy thanks for the explaination and link to Labor day,methinks it would be more appropriate to call it Laborless day?.Becky you brought tears of laughter to my eyes,your list was just brilliant,didnt know Scotland had a flourishing population of rednecks of our own,although frostbite here is more likely than having a redneck.

Becky, you said it, the Blue Collar Comedy tour, before Stan and I could remember their names. LOVE them! And don't assume that all rednecks are not too bright--we are luck to have our very intelligent redneck (at least next weekend) Becky among us.

Judy in OH

I took my wife camping for her very first time. It was fit to be shown on comedy central. I put a lot of effort into it and had camp set up and all the major part of the job done before she even came to the mountain with me. I bought very expensive New York strips, baked potatoes, corn on cobs, all the fixings and that was the only part of the weekend that went well. It started to rain late in the afternoon and we ended up trapped in my small tent, shortly after we went to bed my half of the air mattress went flat. It got about dark as 2 midnights inside a jug and she was afraid. If she had driven herself she would have left. I was so exhausted from all that I had done I slept through her sitting there crying and wanting to leave but being afraid. I finally woke up and tried to comfort her and we ended up sitting in the car, by about 5 AM I was tearing down camp and trying desperately to come up with something I could do to salvage this weekend and my new relationship. Obviously I succeeded because she is my wife but gees it ended up being quite a struggle. Ahhhh to have funny memories that we survived, thank God..

Thanks for the reminder.

Donny