2010 Hotter 'N Hell Hundred bike ride

Here's the gym at the Lamar Baptist Church community center where we "camped out". That's me in the gray Lungevity t-shirt.

100_1397.jpg

Getting ready to roll out in the morning. That's me, #2362, with friend Greg in white behind me.

100_1399.jpg

The pre-dawn ride to the start. That's me out front.

100_1400.jpg

Sitting with 14,000 other riders, waiting for the start.

HHH10011.jpg

Friend Paul and I. Paul took the rest of these photos, but handed the camera off for this one.

HHH10014.jpg

And we're off, with the local tv camera crew above us.

HHH10025.jpg

Tooling along at 24 mph at mile 7.

HHH10035.jpg

Mile 11 at 31 mph. Did I mention that we started out too fast?

HHH10038.jpg

Delicious looking stuff at one of the rest stops. The food wasn't bad, either.

HHH10096.jpg

The wind is up, now. And the paceline is long gone.

HHH10091.jpg

Rolling along, 20 miles from the middle of nowhere.

HHH10093.jpg

Friend, and fellow cancer survivor, DJ.

HHH10101.jpg

Great photos! So this was a ride, not a race?

Yes, there were races that started before us, but this was just the 100 mile endurance ride. With such great traffic control on the entire route, though, it's a great place to see how fast you can ride.

Hi Bud,

Thanks for the photos,I really enjoyed seeing them,that is just the type of adventure I could really enjoy.I think sharing the journey with such company,the miles would just fly by with ease,particularly if you can relax and take your time.

Well HHH is now on my bucket list,sorry Machu Pichu,Ive got pastures new to think about,now where can I get a bike,to practice on?

Thanks for the pictures. Definitely an inspiration for me. Hope you don't mind that I use your bike rides as motivation when the lazy part of my brain is coming up with excuses why I can't do my treadmill today . . . think I'll post a picture on my fridge if that's OK with you?

Diane

Thanks for the pictures. Definitely an inspiration for me. Hope you don't mind that I use your bike rides as motivation when the lazy part of my brain is coming up with excuses why I can't do my treadmill today . . . think I'll post a picture on my fridge if that's OK with you?

Diane

You bet. I'm thinking that anything that motivates us to move is a good thing. That bike has definitely done me a world of good.