FRIDAY'S AIR

jaminkw

Morning All! Caps for all the working folk and hope all of you (in the States anyway) have at least a three if not four day weekend. I know Bud will have a 4-day with his summer Friday's off schedule.

On the subject of caffine, baring a special sensitivity like Ned has, I follow the "moderation" principle with coffee. If I drink even a cup a day for more than a couple of days, I have stomach problems. But one once in awhile when I need an extra energy boost for some good (fun) reason, it gives me no problem. And when I'm out and about in my travels, a latte is just awesome. Had one yesterday, loved it!

I really need to do a Hall Pass. Didn't get on until after 5 pm yesterday and before I could log in, our friends were ready to meet for dinner. Wonderful day, started with Stan and I sitting outside for two and a half hrs. Only reason I was able to sit that log was I discovered a birds nest in the tree on our lot the evening before. We watched a mother robin feed her youngun multi times thru the morning. He/she was a bit big for the drill and by the afternoon, it had flown from or gotten kicked out of the nest. Watched it on the ground a couple of times til dinner. Now I just hope it finally made it into the air. Becky, my farm is lying fallow right now but you know I love baby animals. I was really ticked at you when you were camping last weekend and I saw you had a piglet. I have a couple now but how come you get eveything first? LOL.

Have a great day everyone. I plan to.

Judy in Kutztown

Well Judy for a "working" trip, sounds like you are still enjoying yourself. Good for you.

It is a 3 day weekend here in Canada as well. For me it is a 3 week weekend. LOL I leave for the farm at lunchtime and won't return until Sept. 27. I'm going to try and get internet set up next week so I may not be AWOL for the entire time. Have to do some fencing this trip because I'm going to be actively looking for a couple horses. My kids are all visiting for Thanksgiving weekend in October and I'd really like to have a couple horses for them to go riding on.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

It was 70 degrees as I rode to work this morning, with a north wind gusting to 25 mph. Forecast high is 87. I hadn't ridden against that kind of north wind for a while. I'll need to get used to it, with fall and winter coming. KW Judy, last Friday was my last one off; I'm at work today.

MI Judy, I'll spare you the details of what too much caffeine does to me, and just say that it gives me prostate symptoms. Of course, it's a laundry list of problems that caffeine can cause, just like soda. I'm glad I gave the soda up, long before I cut down on caffeine. I do down some caffeine now and then, when I'm exhausted near the end of a long ride. It can give you a great boost then, but that only works if you're not getting it every day.

Yes, it is pretty crazy that we can blow off heart issues here. We do that with all kinds of things, it seems, after staring lung cancer in the face.

Have a great day, all!

Oops missed this yesterday! Hubby was home, so I was preoccupied with him. That's a good thing! :wink:

Lost my German Short Hair pointer for a bit yesterday. Noticed a lot of time had gone by and he didn't come in. In a panic I realized his electric fence collar batteries had died and he escaped. I drove all over the place trying to find him. Was so scared as he is not "street" savvy, and wouldn't even know that cars drive fast on streets, and so afraid he was going to get hit by a car.

Thankfully a kind couple were driving down the road and noticed this dog wandering aimlessly next to the highway. They suspected he didn't understand the danger he was in, so they stopped and put him in their car. They found our phone # on his collar, and called us and we went out and got him. Whew! Was stressful for sure.

Judy in MI