Tuesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Crisp beautiful morning in the farmlands of New Jersey. Just a quick hello while Stan walks then over to have coffee before my cousin goes to work. Love being here. She is a jewel of a person.

On the hummingbirds, we have a few in Key West. They like my bottlebrush tree which has hanging red blooms. I never heard of them like they are in Ohio. I saw three or four hanging around the feeders. Our dinner hosts there are in the mountains where Stan hunts and they get 50 to 100 hummers every year. Gerri said it's a job just keeping them fed. Most had migrated out when we were there in mid to late August.

Everyone seems to be keeping busy and I'm impressed with the advocacy effort of our members. Stephanie, I was on local TV back in the late seventies and seeing myself afterwards was the worst! Eric, I can't believe the progress you've made on our behalf in Scotland. Way to go!

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Jacksonville NJ (Eric, you won't find it on the map lol)

OK, got the disappearing posts here. I swear I just posted for today and poof it's gone. Did I dream that? LOL

Gorgeous day here, crisp cool morning, sunny and going to warm up to mid 70's. Perfect day!

Slept like a baby last night. Ooooooooh so good to sleep well and wake up feeling well. I so appreciate nights and mornings like this.

Trees are beginning to turn. I love when the rich colors of summer begin to burnish and start to turn. In another 2 to 3 weeks we will head to Northern Michigan to see the colors. They are so beautiful and breath taking.

Going to jump in the shower and head out to my volunteer job for the day. Can't wait to get going.

Judy in MI

Good morning, everyone!

It was 75 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 92.

Way to go, Stephanie! I hope there will be an online version for us to watch.

It sounds like you're doing great with your advocacy work, Eric. I don't know if Rose will try again to do HHH or not. She tried two years in a row, and it didn't work out. She was going to do one of the shorter routes in 2008 and broke her foot a month before the ride.

Then, in 2009, she was the strongest she'd ever been on the bike, having completed a fairly hilly 80 mile ride in mid May. She was actually considering the 100 mile route, but was diagnosed with breast cancer just three weeks after that 80 mile ride, and has hardly ridden since. She's kind of starting all over again, and it's good to see a friend starting out with her.

Have a great day, all!