My sister

beatlemike

Yesterday my sister had a lumpectomy for a small spot on her breast. The surgeon aftewards said the margins were good and the 1 lymph node was cancer free. So it sounded like good news as far as getting all the cancer out. Today his nurse called her at home and told her to go to the local hospital for a ct scan. The surgeon saw questionable spot or spots on lung or lungs from the presurgery xray from the lumpectomy. My sister wasnt sure if she said spot or spots or lung or lungs. We went from thinking we had good news to maybe worst than the original dx. Prayers are welcome that the results will be no cancer or mets. I have heard sometime xrays will show spots for no reason. I hope this is the case.

Mike - I am just at the hospital with my daughter (knee injury) and while she is in with the doctor's before surgery I decided to check in and see how things turned out with your sister. Yeah for bruises - yes, Annette is totally right we are definitely crazy people to be so happy about bruises! It made my day to read this good news.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike - my daughter & I came home from hospital in Edmonton on Friday and she is doing well. It is so good to see her walking again (albeit with a limp right now) as the surgery was a success.

It is nice to be back posting! We had a very busy summer as we acquired a shop for our business and unfortunately it took up way too much time. Things seem back to semi-normal so I am hopeful I can pop in a little more often. I missed you guys!

We have so much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving (ours is this weekend) and I plan to thoroughly enjoy family, home, good food and friends. I am wishing you all the same (now or in November).

Linda