Good News, but a little Bad News.

Guest DaveG

Yesterday was scan day and oncologist appointment. The good news: the liver tumor has remained stable - no new growth since the beginning of December :!::!::!::!:

I did get some bad news, however. As you know I am involved in the ZD6474/Iressa study. As part of that study I have to get an ECG (EKG), and blood work, on a weekly basis. I am temporarily off the study, because my ECG showed an abnoermality. Heart problems are one of the side effects associated with both drugs, although not seen that often. So right now, I am a victim of one of the side effects.

I go back tomorrow morning for another ECG, and if that comes out normal, I will be placed back in the study.

I am not too worried about this set back, as it is just another "bump in this long road" we are travelling.

For those of you who were in the Chat Room last night, I had connection problems and got disconnected and could not reconnect. I understand, that because of the sub-zero weather we are having, something froze in the telephone amplification system that was installed, on our road, this past summer.

I hope to be in the Chat Room tonight.

PS to DavidA: where do you get off calling my little dog a "hyperthyroid rat" :?::?::evil::evil::P:P

Dave,

Sorry to hear about the set back, thought there prbably are other trials for which you are eligible. Not sure what the abnomalities would be on your EKG, but I read that COQ10 may help with heart problems.

There are certain chemos that caused heart problems and I think there

have been a few studies that show COQ10 reduces those.

I think it is an anti-oxidant though so people have to really do their research and talk to their docs

Take care

Dave, it sounds like pretty good news, all in all. On the heart, Lucie developed an arhythmia a year ago from all the illness and treatment. She has done fine since. The arhythmia comes and goes, but is mild. She takes a medication for it ( the cardiologist wanted to give her three, but I convinced him that one was enough). Like the dog picture, but then, we are dog people here. Best to you. Dopn

Dave,

I have Earl on COQ10 after Heather talked about it at the 'Ask the doctor' session we both attended.

Her thoracic onc. and our thoracic onc. said they saw no harm in using it but the jury was still out.

So I considered that a go ahead. But as with anything check with your doctor.

Thinking about you pal.

Ginny

Hey DAVE,!!!

We was worried bout you!!!! Thought all them dog jokes might have got to you!!! Chat can be absolutely heartless sometimes, ya know!!! :):) ;

Anyway, glad it was only the freeze and your stable and I'm sure you'l get back in the test soon.

be well and hope it's warmer tonight

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

It's a dog?? Looked like a deformed horse to me, but it IS a really big picture...guess I shoulda known by the teeth...

Well, Dave, with the heart issues, I keep envisioning the cartoon version of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" where his heart became so big it broke the darn machine looking at it.... Abnormality is such a generic term - dontcha think?

I sure wish you'd quit driving the scenic route on the washboard and try a highway, for cripe's sake! Geesh....men and their daydreaming! :wink:

Pullin' for you with both arms and all my body weight (bet you can feel THAT struggle)!

Hang in there,

Becky