Thursday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 55 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 86.

Yesterday's ride home from work came up 3 1/2 miles short. I had a blowout on the rear tire that was not repairable, and called Rose to come get me.

I knew these tires needed replaced, and had ordered new ones. I had close to 4,000 miles on them, most of that the heavy duty use that my commuting is. That's great wear for road bicycle tires. I usually carry a spare tire, but had neglected to put it back in the bag the last time I emptied it, obviously the wrong time to do that.

It's been just short of a year since I started commuting by bike, 151 rides to work, and this was the first time I had to call for a rescue, so I'm thinking that's not too bad. Of course, when I got home, the new tires had arrived. What's that old saying, a day late and a dollar short?

Mike, no scans for me next week, just a six month checkup with my regular doctor. I'm on yearly scans now. And six month checkups with my regular doctor and yearly scans sounds just fine with me. I hope that's all the doctor visits I have to make for a long time.

KW Judy, those gps's are great when they work, but they do mess up sometimes. It had been 20 years since I'd been to my friend's house near Shawnee that I visited last week, so I used my gps, and it was trying to send me in a completely wrong direction. Thankfully, I had looked at google maps before I left for Oklahoma, and was able to find my way with no wrong turns, in spite of the gps.

MI Judy, glad you're feeling better. Consusssions are definitely something not to be taken lightly.

Have a great day, all!