Wednesday's Air

Bud Baker

It was 43 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high for today is 82. That's almost 40 degrees difference, and makes clothing selection for riding a bit difficult.

One of my coworkers in the maintenance department quit yesterday. That's the third one in less than a month. Guess I'm not the only one who can't stand this place......LOL.

Have a great day, all!

Morning All! Nice long stay at a lovely campground in SC. Only have about a 3 hr drive today and we'll be in Orlando. Will be interesting to see if I'm chilly in the am. Was this morning lol.

Bud, it's the worst when you hate your job. Been there, done it when I didn't hate the actual job but a person in the chain of command that made it miserable. Hang in there. Hope you can retire soon.

Will probably be AWOL tonight and tomorrow morning. The Orlando kids are coming tonight and I have to be at MDA at 9 am. Dreaded day--MRI as well as CT. Will need a lot of mlh to get thru this. They promise me an open MRI every time. Haven't seen one yet.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone. OMG...I love this weather! Our high for today is supposed to be 82 and tomorrow the high may only reach the 70's. I am so glad that I can turn off the A/C and have my windows open. This means that FPL will be getting less of my hard earned money for their electricity!!!

Bud, I do know what you mean about the job situation. Although I try to remember that I am blessed to have a job when there are so many people out of work....I HATE MY JOB!!! I used to love the job and thought I would never want to leave. But, when people start treating you like a slave rather than an employee...things change. I keep getting more responsibilities and now, I'm to the point where I literally can't do any more work. There is no time to fit anything else in but people still think they can get more out of me! I'm now doing the job of at least four people and I am still getting paid the same lousy amount for over a year now. So...thanks for allowing me to let off some steam. It I was a pressure cooker, I would have already exploded!!!

Judy...I will continue saying prayers that your tests results are really GREAT!!! You are always just a thought away and I always say a little prayer when I think of you! If you have any waiting time when you're at MDA, could you please check and see if there is still a Clinical Nurse on staff named Trudi Graves? She was Dennis' nurse at MDA and she is such an angel!!! I would love for you to know her! If you should see her, just tell her Ann King (Dennis) from Melbourne says "hi."

Hope everyone is having a beautiful fall day in your little corner of this big, beautiful world!!!

Ann

Good Evening Everyone,

Just after 7pm here,now dark outside,been a showery day to-day but still comfortably warm,evenings though are starting to get a bit chilly.

Took the afternoon off work to-day to attend the Stobhill Hospital Lung Cancer Support Group,three new members joined our ranks,including one I encouraged to come after meeting her in Manchester,the more the merrier I say.

Penny, our founder and chairperson got married on Sept 18th,so we gave her a little presentation,would you believe she got married in the cinema shevisited when dating her husband.

Its a new idea, by the cinemas management,and Pennies was the first wedding to be held there,it went really well.The guests invitations were in the form of a large cinema ticket,and on the billboards outside in the street,were film posters showing Penny holding hands with her husband facing each other underneath,the film title "Tying the Knot" starring etc,etc. Reception was held elsewhere of course.

Hi Bud,it is always a bit unsettling for everyone left,when a colleague leaves,I am really sorry that you are somewhat unhappy in your work,never mind,its not forever and you are so lucky to bit fit and healthy to enjoy the many other interests you have outside your work,and us here of course,so come on,give us a wee smile or even a big one if you please.

Hi Ann,good to see you making the boards,thanks for your jokes again, I only have to see your avatar to make me laugh,and I mean that in the nicest possible way.Did you hear the one about the Scot visiting a bar in Texas,he asked for a beer and the barman served it in a gallon bucket,whats this? enquired the Scot,Look son, said the barman, your in Texas now,everythings bigger in these parts,Scot now asks for a whisky,barman serves it in a pint tumbler,Yeah says the Scot,dont tell me -everythings bigger in Texas.Barman,asks the Scot if he is hungry,as his bar does a lovely steak,Ok says the Scot,barman now asks how does he like his steak done?Scot replies,remove the horns,wipe its backside and stick it between two slices of bread.

Have a good evening everyone.