Mom in hospital.

fillise

I got a call Friday that mom was rushed to the hospital with an irregular heartbeat. I drove up and am sitting in the hospital with her now. The cancer has exploded in her body. The tumor has filled the right lung and is now growing outside the lung. It is also spreading in her liver, ribs, pelvis, and thighs. Needless to say we are in a new stage. Last night she threw a blood clot in her right arm and they dud angioplasty today to bust it up.

We talked with hospice yesterday and when she comes home we will bring them in. It looks like we are at the jumping off point for the place we have been trying to avoid for the last 45 months.

I am staying in the hospital with her at night. Will keep you updated.

Susan

Susan,

I am very sorry to hear about your Mom. I will pray for you and her. You must be very upset. I hope they can do something for her and I hope she is comfortable.

Regards,

Libby

Ah Susan, sure didn't want to hear all this. You've been a great team for 45 months - hopefully for a bit longer than that with any luck. You and mom are in my thoughts and prayers. Know that many here are propping you up at this time.

Kasey

Good Morning Susan,

I have been reading your posts since I arrived here some months ago and have always admired your steadfast support for your mum,Iam really sorry to read of this turn of events.Please know that I am thinking and praying for both you and your mum, I know so many others here are also.

Susan, it's with great sorrow that I read this news. I am so glad you are there. I wish your mother nothing more than pain-free peaceful days and nights. Hope they get her stable and comfortable very soon. I'm so sad for her and you and all your family.

Judy in KW

Susan - I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine how your heart is breaking right now.

I pray that hospice will give your mom more pain free, comfortable days and that she is able to be home soon.

Please take care ... I am sending you and your mom many cyber hugs.

Warmly,

Linda

Thanks everyone. Made the arrangements today to bring mom home tomorrow with hospice. Got out of the hospital for a little while to go take delivery of the equipment. I'm staying with her nights as she does not want to be by herself. Not able to do much else other than see to her right now.

Susan

(((Susan))), I just want you to know that your mom and your family is in my prayers as you go through this very difficult time. Hope your mom will be comfortable in her own home. I'm sure having you with her has been a real comfort. I hope hospice will be helpful to all of you. Keep us updated when you can .

Hugs,

Sue