Another newbie

MandyB

Hello everyone.

I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now, and decided to share my story about my father. please forgive me if I post in the wrong place on the forums, I'm just working my way around them.

I've cried and smiled at all your messages on here, and also found it a great comfort since my Dad's diagnosis earlier this year. OK, now I will see if I can find the right place to tell you all about Dad.

MandyB x

I, too, am new to this disease - 10/20/2010 - just turned 52 on 10/07...no warnings or signs and I thought I was actually in the best shape, physically, in my life. A nagging nerve pain in my right leg started my journey through the medical world of x-rays, CTs, and MRIs...each time becoming a little more scary, especially since I had never had any medical problems in my life. Finally, after 4 weeks of all of these tests and multiple doctor visits for the results of each one, I was sent to an oncologist for Stage IV cancer from an unknown source. I then had a "final" CT, and it revealed that I had two tumors in my lung. Next, I had a brain scan, and thank God, it showed that the cancer had not spread there yet...finally, some good news! I also had a lung biopsy and it resulted the news that I "officially" had non-small cell carcinoma, favor poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma...or not good stuff in simple terms! I am now scheduled to get my port on Friday and start chemotherapy the following Tuesday. I am still sort of in shock, but I plan to tell my children this weekend, and I think that will be the most difficult thing I have to do....any ideas of the best way to do this?