Actor: Tom Bosley

KatieB

Katie,

I heard this via the media the other night, and thought to myself how very nonchalantly they mention that he "also was battling lung cancer."

I was in the hospital for two days this week. They were assessing my blockages in my vascular system. I had an angiogram via the groin to determine whether or not the numbness in my legs was emanating from major arteries. Yes, there were two, in both femoral arteries and now they need to figure out if we can do anything about it.

The smoking question is spreading and I am concerned that this "behavior in the past" might be affecting treatment? We will see.

Barbara

Well, what do you think they asked me? Did I smoke? Ever?

Of course, I did. But haven't for 12 years ago.

However, will this affect my treatment? Was that question one of judgement? Who knows!

• 10 years later...
On 10/24/2010 at 12:31 PM, Barb73 said:

Katie,

I heard this via the media the other night, and thought to myself how very nonchalantly they mention that he "also was battling lung cancer."

I was in the hospital for two days this week. They were assessing my blockages in my vascular system. I had an angiogram via the groin to determine whether or not the numbness in my legs was emanating from major arteries. Yes, there were two, in both femoral arteries and now they need to figure out if we can do anything about it.

The smoking question is spreading and I am concerned that this "behavior in the past" might be affecting treatment? We will see.

Barbara

Well, what do you think they asked me? Did I smoke? Ever?

Of course, I did. But haven't for 12 years ago.

However, will this affect my treatment? Was that question one of judgement? Who knows!

So Barbara, what was the final outcome regarding the blockages in your vascular system?  Regarding your smoking history...I suspect they asked because smoking or a history of smoking can have adverse reactions on different parts of the body.  I don’t think they were passing judgement, I know I wouldn’t do that to you.

41 minutes ago, Iggies-Curiosity-Shoppe said:

So Barbara, what was the final outcome regarding the blockages in your vascular system?  Regarding your smoking history...I suspect they asked because smoking or a history of smoking can have adverse reactions on different parts of the body.  I don’t think they were passing judgement, I know I wouldn’t do that to you.

Barbara hasn't posted here since 2010, so I tend to doubt she will see this.

Just FYI.